VS Hospitals is the best breast cancer hospital in Chennai to provide the best breast cancer treatment in Chennai with advanced treatments where leading Oncologist Surgeons offer treatments at affordable prices with world-class infrastructure.
Cancer can start anywhere in the human body. The most basic unit which constitutes life is the cell. An average adult has trillion cells and approximately 242 billion new cells are produced every day to keep us healthy. When the group of cells joins together with similar functions, they form tissues which further form the organs, the organ into systems, and eventually, a human is formed.
But when cancer develops slowly, this orderly process stops, where old and damaged cells survive with ‘tumors’ which is nothing but the abnormal growth of cells. There are more than a hundred types of cancer and one among them is the ‘Breast Cancer’ by which one in eight women get affected with this breast cancer during their lives. It isn’t typically associated with men but in some rare circumstances, it can also affect older men.
Who treats breast cancer?
Based on your treatment options, you might have different types of doctors on your treatment team. These doctors could include:
A breast surgeon or surgical oncologist: a doctor who uses surgery to treat breast cancer
A radiation oncologist: a doctor who uses radiation to treat cancer
A medical oncologist: a doctor who uses chemotherapy, hormone therapy, immunotherapy, and other medicines to treat cancer
A plastic surgeon: a doctor who specializes in reconstructing or repairing parts of the body
You might have many other specialists on your treatment team as well, including physician assistants (PAs), nurse practitioners (NPs), nurses, psychologists, nutritionists, social workers, patient/nurse navigators, and other health professionals.
Symptoms and Signs of Breast Cancer
Generally, there are no symptoms of breast cancer in the early stage. To be on the safer side, it is recommended to consult a doctor to get the best breast cancer treatment in Chennai if you experience any of the below symptoms for a complete evaluation.
- Pain or tenderness
- Irritation in the skin of the breast
- A lump or an existing lump that expands its size in the breast
- Enlargement of one of the breasts
- Rash or itchiness on the breast.
- Changes in the appearance of the nipple
- A clear, yellow or red brown discharge in the nipple from one breast.
- An orange peel texture
- Unintentional weight loss
- Visible veins on the breast
- Vaginal Pain
These symptoms don’t inevitably mean you have breast cancer. For example, due to some infection or lumps in the breast, discharge in the nipple may occur which is non-cancerous most of the time. But immediate precautions with care have to be taken to overcome breast cancer in future.
How Is Breast Cancer Treated?
Breast cancer is treated in more ways than one. It relies upon the sort of bosom disease and how far it has spread. Individuals with bosom malignant growth frequently get more than one sort of treatment.
Surgery. An activity where specialists cut out malignant growth tissue.
Chemotherapy. Utilizing exceptional drugs to psychologist or kill the malignant growth cells. The medications can be pills you take or meds given in your veins, or in some cases both.
Radiation therapy. Utilizing high-energy rays (like X-rays) to kill the malignant growth cells.
Chemotherapy for breast cancer
Chemotherapy utilizes against disease (cytotoxic) medications to annihilate malignant growth cells. The medications flow all through the body in the circulatory system. They work by disturbing the development of disease cells.
You’re probably going to have chemotherapy before medical procedure in the event that you have a huge cancer or on the other hand assuming that it has spread into the encompassing tissue.
Specialists use chemotherapy after medical procedure when there is a gamble that disease cells might have spread to one more piece of the body.
General Information About Breast Cancer
- Breast cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the breast.
- A family history of breast cancer and other factors increase the risk of breast cancer.
- Breast cancer is sometimes caused by inherited gene mutations (changes).
- The use of certain medicines and other factors decrease the risk of breast cancer.
- Signs of breast cancer include a lump or change in the breast.
- Tests that examine the breasts are used to diagnose breast cancer.
- If cancer is found, tests are done to study the cancer cells.
- Certain factors affect prognosis (chance of recovery) and treatment options.
Breast Cancer Treatment Common Tests taken
The Best breast cancer treatment in Chennai initiates with the following tests:
Physical Examination: The doctor will examine your breasts, the skin on your breasts, and also check for problems related to the nipples along with the discharge. They may also feel your breasts, armpits and check for lumps.
Medical history: The doctors ask questions about your health history, diet or medications, symptoms, including when you first noticed them, medical history of your family members, because sometimes breast cancer may be related to your genes.
Mammogram: A mammogram is an X-ray of the breast, to help distinguish between a benign and malignant mass.
- Benign: The cells that are non-cancerous and where the chance of spreading is less.
- Malignant mass: The cells are cancerous and can spread to other tissue and organs respectively.
Ultrasound: Ultrasonic sound waves can be used to produce an image of breast tissue.
MRI: Your doctor may suggest an MRI scan in conjunction with other tests which is another non-invasive imaging test that is used to examine breast tissue.
Biopsy: This is the process of removing a small amount of breast tissue that can be used for testing.
What is the Most Common Breast Cancer Treatment?
The most common form of best breast cancer treatment in Chennai are:
4. Radiation uses
5. Hormone and targeted therapy
Depending on the type and stage of cancer, treatments can differ. These are some of the common practices that the doctors and specialists use to combat breast cancer.
- A lumpectomy is the process to remove the tumour while leaving your breast intact.
- A mastectomy is a surgical process to remove all of your breast tissue including the tumour and connecting tissue.
- Chemotherapy is the standard cancer treatment, which uses the anticancer drugs that interfere with the ability of the cells to reproduce.
- Radiation uses treats cancer directly using the X-rays.
- Hormone and targeted therapy can be used when the hormones or genes play a vital role in the growth of the cancer.
Out of all the above treatments, chemotherapy, radiation, and/or surgery are the most commonly prescribed treatments.
Outlook and Prevention
The best way to fight breast cancer is to detect it at an early stage. Consult your doctor for getting the best breast cancer treatment in Chennai where you can discuss your schedule which begins with the regular mammograms. If you’re further worried about your breast pain, tenderness or if you find the lump, don’t ignore it. Kindly visit a doctor for the prevention of major complications.
Read also Magnifying Acid Reflux.