VS Hospitals is the best breast cancer hospital in Chennai to provide the best breast cancer treatment in Chennai with advanced treatments where leading Oncologist Surgeons offer treatments at affordable prices with world-class infrastructure.
Cancer can start anywhere in the human body. The most basic unit which constitutes life is the cell. An average adult has trillion cells and approximately 242 billion new cells are produced every day to keep us healthy. When the group of cells joins together with similar functions, they form tissues which further form the organs, the organ into systems, and eventually, a human is formed.
But when cancer develops slowly, this orderly process stops, where old and damaged cells survive with ‘tumors’ which is nothing but the abnormal growth of cells. There are more than a hundred types of cancer and one among them is the ‘Breast Cancer’ by which one in eight women get affected with this breast cancer during their lives. It isn’t typically associated with men but in some rare circumstances, it can also affect older men.
Symptoms and Signs of Breast Cancer
Generally, there are no symptoms of breast cancer in the early stage. To be on the safer side, it is recommended to consult a doctor to get the best breast cancer treatment in Chennai if you experience any of the below symptoms for a complete evaluation.
- Pain or tenderness
- Irritation in the skin of the breast
- A lump or an existing lump that expands its size in the breast
- Enlargement of one of the breasts
- Rash or itchiness on the breast.
- Changes in the appearance of the nipple
- A clear, yellow or red brown discharge in the nipple from one breast.
- An orange peel texture
- Unintentional weight loss
- Visible veins on the breast
- Vaginal Pain
These symptoms don’t inevitably mean you have breast cancer. For example, due to some infection or lumps in the breast, discharge in the nipple may occur which is non-cancerous most of the time. But immediate precautions with care have to be taken to overcome breast cancer in future.
Breast Cancer Treatment Common tests taken
The Best breast cancer treatment in Chennai initiates with the following tests:
Physical Examination: The doctor will examine your breasts, the skin on your breasts, and also check for problems related to the nipples along with the discharge. They may also feel your breasts, armpits and check for lumps.
Medical history: The doctors ask questions about your health history, diet or medications, symptoms, including when you first noticed them, medical history of your family members, because sometimes breast cancer may be related to your genes.
Mammogram: A mammogram is an X-ray of the breast, to help distinguish between a benign and malignant mass.
- Benign: The cells that are non-cancerous and where the chance of spreading is less.
- Malignant mass: The cells are cancerous and can spread to other tissue and organs respectively.
Ultrasound: Ultrasonic sound waves can be used to produce an image of breast tissue.
MRI: Your doctor may suggest an MRI scan in conjunction with other tests which is another non-invasive imaging test that is used to examine breast tissue.
Biopsy: This is the process of removing a small amount of breast tissue that can be used for testing.
What is the most common breast cancer treatment?
The most common form of best breast cancer treatment in Chennai are:
Hormone and targeted therapy
Depending on the type and stage of cancer, treatments can differ. These are some of the common practices that the doctors and specialists use to combat breast cancer.
- A lumpectomy is the process to remove the tumour while leaving your breast intact.
- A mastectomy is a surgical process to remove all of your breast tissue including the tumour and connecting tissue.
- Chemotherapy is the standard cancer treatment, which uses the anticancer drugs that interfere with the ability of the cells to reproduce.
- Radiation uses treats cancer directly using the X-rays.
- Hormone and targeted therapy can be used when the hormones or genes play a vital role in the growth of the cancer.
Out of all the above treatments, chemotherapy, radiation, and/or surgery are the most commonly prescribed treatments.
Outlook and Prevention
The best way to fight breast cancer is to detect it at an early stage. Consult your doctor for getting the best breast cancer treatment in Chennai where you can discuss your schedule which begins with the regular mammograms. If you’re further worried about your breast pain, tenderness or if you find the lump, don’t ignore it. Kindly visit a doctor for the prevention of major complications.
Read also Plastic Surgeon in Chennai.