VS Hospitals is the best breast cancer hospital in Chennai to provide the best breast cancer treatment in Chennai with advanced treatments where leading oncologist surgeons offer treatments at affordable prices with world-class infrastructure.
Cancer can start anywhere in the human body. The most basic unit which constitutes life is the cell. An average adult has trillion cells and approximately 242 billion new cells are produced every day to keep us healthy. When the group of cells joins together with similar functions, they form tissues which further form the organs, the organ into systems, and eventually, a human is formed.
But when cancer develops slowly, this orderly process stops, where old and damaged cells survive with ‘tumors’ which are nothing but the abnormal growth of cells. There are more than a hundred types of cancer and one among them is ‘Breast Cancer’ One in eight women get affected with this breast cancer during their lives. It isn’t typically associated with men but in some rare circumstances, it can also affect older men.
Who Treats Breast Cancer?
Based on the best breast cancer treatment in Chennai, you might have different types of doctors on your treatment team. These doctors could include:
1. A surgical oncologist or breast surgeon: A doctor who uses surgery to treat breast cancer.
2. A medical oncologist: is a doctor who treats patients with chemotherapy, immunotherapy, hormone therapy, and other medicines.
3. A radiation oncologist: A doctor who treats cancer patients using radiation.
4. A plastic surgeon: A doctor who is specialized in repairing or reconstructing parts of the body.
You may also have many other specialists during the treatment that includes: Physician assistants (PAs), nurses, nutritionists, patient/nurse navigators, psychologists, social workers, and other health professionals.
Breast Cancer Causes
Breast cancer is a complex disease that can have various causes, both genetic and environmental. While the exact cause of breast cancer is still unknown, there are several factors that can increase a person’s risk of developing the disease.
- Age is considered one of the most notable risk factors for breast cancer. The likelihood of developing breast cancer rises as women age. Other risk factors include a family history of breast cancer, certain genetic mutations, previous radiation therapy to the chest, and dense breast tissue.
- The development of breast cancer is also affected by hormonal factors. Women who have been exposed to high levels of estrogen over their lifetime, such as those who started menstruating at an early age or experienced menopause late, have a higher risk of developing breast cancer.
- The emergence of breast cancer can also be influenced by lifestyle factors. For example, women who are overweight or obese, do not exercise regularly, or consume alcohol in excess have a higher risk of developing the disease.
- Environmental factors may also play a role in the development of breast cancer. Exposure to certain chemicals, such as pesticides, may increase the risk of developing the disease. However, more research is needed to fully understand the relationship between environmental factors and breast cancer, only then you can get the best breast cancer treatment in Chennai.
Symptoms and Signs of Breast Cancer
Generally, there are no symptoms of breast cancer in the early stage. To be on the safer side, it is recommended to consult a doctor to get the best breast cancer treatment in Chennai if you experience any of the below symptoms for a complete evaluation.
- Pain or tenderness.
- Irritation in the skin of the breast.
- A lump or an existing lump that expands its size in the breast.
- Enlargement of one of the breasts.
- Rash or itchiness on the breast.
- Changes in the appearance of the nipple.
- A clear, yellow, or red-brown discharge in the nipple from one breast.
- An orange peel texture.
- Unintentional weight loss.
- Visible veins on the breast.
- Vaginal pain.
These symptoms don’t inevitably mean you have breast cancer. For example, due to some infection or lumps in the breast, discharge in the nipple may occur which is non-cancerous most of the time. But immediate precautions with care have to be taken to overcome breast cancer in the future.
How is Breast Cancer Treated?
Breast cancer is treated in numerous ways. It usually relies upon the sort of bosom disease besides how far it has spread. Frequently, individuals with bosom malignant growth are prone to get more than one sort of best breast cancer treatment in Chennai.
- Surgery. During the surgery, the specialists will remove the malignant growth tissues.
- Chemotherapy. Malignant growth cells are killed by the psychologist using exceptional drugs. The medications can be pills or meds that are injected in your veins, or in rare cases both.
- Radiation Therapy. High-energy rays such as X-rays are utilized to kill the malignant growth cells.
Chemotherapy for Breast Cancer
Chemotherapy utilizes disease (cytotoxic) medications for annihilating malignant growth cells. These medications flow throughout the body in the circulatory system. They work by disturbing the disease cells’ development.
You’ll have to undergo chemotherapy before the medical procedure if you are prone to huge cancer or alternatively assuming that it has spread into the encompassing tissue.
Specialists make use of chemotherapy after the best breast cancer treatment in Chennai when there is a gamble that these disease cells might have spread to one more piece of the body.
General Information about Breast Cancer
- Breast cancer is a disease where you can come across malignant (cancer) cells that form in the tissues of the breast.
- Family history and other factors of breast cancer may increase the risk of this type of cancer.
- Breast cancer is caused rarely by inherited gene mutations.
- Using certain medicines may also decrease the risk of breast cancer.
- Signs of breast cancer can be in the form of lumps or change in the breast.
- Tests that are taken to examine the breasts are used for diagnosing breast cancer.
- If cancer is detected, tests are done to study the cancer cells.
- Certain factors may affect prognosis (chance of recovery) besides other treatment options.
Breast Cancer Early Detection and Diagnosis
Early detection and diagnosis are critical in the successful treatment of breast cancer. When breast cancer is found and treated early, the chances of survival are much higher. There are several methods used for the early detection and diagnosis of breast cancer.
The best breast cancer treatment in Chennai initiates with the following tests:
Physical Examination: The doctor will examine your breasts, and the skin on your breasts, and also check for problems related to the nipples along with the discharge. They may also feel your breasts, and armpits and check for lumps.
Medical History: The doctors ask questions about your health history, diet or medications, symptoms, including when you first noticed them, and medical history of your family members, because sometimes breast cancer may be related to your genes.
Mammogram: A mammogram is an X-ray of the breast, to help distinguish between a benign and malignant mass.
- Benign: The cells that are non-cancerous and where the chance of spreading is less.
- Malignant Mass: The cells are cancerous and can spread to other tissue and organs respectively.
Ultrasound: Ultrasonic sound waves can be used during the best breast cancer treatment in Chennai, to produce an image of breast tissue.
MRI: Your doctor may suggest an MRI scan in conjunction with other tests which is another non-invasive imaging test that is used to examine breast tissue.
Biopsy: This is the process of removing a small amount of breast tissue that can be used for testing.
New Tests to Personalize Your Treatment
In recent years, there have been significant advancements in the field of breast cancer diagnosis and treatment, including the development of new tests that can help personalize treatment plans for individual patients.
- One such test is the Oncotype DX test, which analyzes the activity of 21 genes within a patient’s tumor. This test can help predict the likelihood of cancer returning, as well as the potential benefits of chemotherapy. Patients with a low Oncotype DX score may be able to safely skip chemotherapy, while those with a high score may benefit from more aggressive treatment.
- Another test that can help personalize breast cancer treatment is the MammaPrint test, which analyzes the activity of 70 genes in a patient’s tumor. This test can help predict the likelihood of cancer returning and can help guide treatment decisions, particularly for patients with early-stage breast cancer.
- Genetic testing can also play a role in personalizing breast cancer treatment. Patients with certain genetic mutations, such as BRCA1 or BRCA2, may benefit from more aggressive treatment or preventive measures, such as prophylactic surgery.
- Personalized breast cancer treatment can also involve the use of targeted therapies, which are drugs that specifically target cancer cells. Targeted therapies can be particularly effective for patients with certain types of breast cancer, such as HER2-positive breast cancer.
By using the latest diagnostic tools and treatment options, doctors can create treatment options for the best breast cancer treatment in Chennai that are tailored to the unique needs of each patient.
What is the Most Common Breast Cancer Treatment?
The most common form of best breast cancer treatment in Chennai are:
4. Radiation uses.
5. Hormone and targeted therapy.
Depending on the type and stage of cancer, the best breast cancer treatment in Chennai can differ. These are some of the common practices that doctors and specialists use to combat breast cancer.
- A lumpectomy removes the tumor while leaving your breast intact.
- A mastectomy removes all of your breast tissue including the tumour along with the connecting tissues.
- Chemotherapy which is the standard cancer treatment makes use of anticancer drugs to interfere with the ability of the cells to reproduce.
- Radiation treats cancer directly by making use of the X-rays.
- Hormone and Targeted Therapy are used when genes or hormones play a vital role in cancer growth.
Out of all the above treatments, radiation, chemotherapy diet, and/or surgery are the most commonly prescribed treatments.
Breast Cancer Risk and Prevention
Breast cancer is a disease characterized by the growth of abnormal cells in the breast tissue. It is the second most common type of cancer among women worldwide, and it can also affect men. There are several factors that can increase the risk of developing breast cancer, but there are also steps that can be taken during the best breast cancer treatment in Chennai to prevent it or detect it early.
- Age: The risk of breast cancer gradually increases with age. Most of the cases occur among women who are over 50 years of age.
- Family History: Women with a family history of breast cancer are at a higher risk of developing the disease, especially if cancer occurred in a close relative such as a mother or sister.
- Genetics: Certain genetic mutations, such as BRCA1 and BRCA2, increase the risk of breast cancer, and getting the best breast cancer treatment in Chennai is essential.
- Hormones: Women who have had early menstrual periods or late menopause are at a higher risk of breast cancer because they have been exposed to oestrogen for a longer period of time.
- Personal History: Women who have had breast cancer in one breast are at a higher risk of developing it in the other breast.
- Lifestyle Factors: Obesity, physical inactivity, and alcohol consumption have all been linked to an increased risk of finding breast cancer.
- Maintain a Proper Weight: Being overweight increases the risk of breast cancer among women, especially after menopause. Maintaining a healthy diet with regular exercise can help reduce the risk.
- Limit Alcohol Intake: Drinking too much alcohol can increase the risk of breast cancer. Women should have a limitation on alcohol consumption as it can lead to severe complications.
- Quit Smoking: Smoking has been linked to an increased risk of several types of cancer, including breast cancer. This should be strictly avoided while getting the best breast cancer treatment in Chennai.
- Breastfeed: Women who breastfeed their children for at least a year may have a reduced risk of breast cancer.
- Get Regular Exercise: Regular physical activity can help reduce the risk of breast cancer. Aim to do moderate exercises at least for 30 minutes.
The best way to fight breast cancer is to detect it at an early stage. Consult your doctor for getting the best breast cancer treatment in Chennai where you can discuss your schedule which begins with regular mammograms. If you’re further worried about your breast pain, or tenderness or if you find the lump, don’t ignore it. Kindly visit a doctor for the prevention of major complications.
Read also Magnifying Acid Reflux.