Traveling overseas for treatment is a daunting challenge. This is the reason why we have gone the extra mile to ensure that we leave no stone unturned to make life easier for our international patients.
From facilitating the perfectly curated Indian experience, to making sure that all logistical requirements of the trip and treatment protocols are handled with maximum efficiency, the dedicated team at VS Hospitals has it all covered.
We have a dedicated International Patient Services Department that provides round the clock assistance to all the needs of patients coming from abroad. Do not hesitate to get in touch with us for a bespoke experience for your trip to Chennai.
Our services to international patients
- Getting a medical opinion using available reports
- Fixing up of appointments prior to arrival
- Travel arrangements – (Medical Visa, air ticketing, airport transfers etc..)
- Arrangement of accommodation and boarding for patient’s attendants as per their needs.
- Counselling on budget outlay and expenses for the treatment
- Language interpretation services for non-English speaking foreign nationals
- Arrangements for special dietary requirements of patients
- Extension of medical visa
- Follow up services after departing to home country
Chennai is one India’s most vibrant metro cities. Steeped in history, this southern city is legendary for its intelligence, enterprise, and hard work. Over centuries Chennai has forged a great legacy as a fountain head of commerce and culture; it is a beacon of excellence across several facets of life.
In the last few decades Chennai has become synonymous with world-class healthcare. People from all over the globe are choosing as their healthcare destination of choice; the reasons for this are many. Chennai was at the forefront of the private healthcare revolution in the country. This head-start has translated to a leap in the delivery of cutting-edge healthcare in the city.
With over 45% of international patients visiting India for treatment preferring Chennai, it is The hub for affordable quality health care in the country. The treatment facilities in the city are at par with the best in the world, while the cost of treatment is considerably less.
The cosmopolitan nature of the city and the warmth of its people, combined with a sound infrastructure make patients from all corners of the world feel at home here.
Plan your visit
Prepare to schedule your appointment
- Read over the information in this website to learn how International patient services will help you.
- Have your calendar ready so you know what dates are convenient for you to travel (Do not purchase tickets until your appointments are made, however).
- Have copies of your medical history ready to discuss.
- If you have health insurance, have your health insurance information ready to provide.
- Obtain the necessary documents (VISA etc.)
- Obtain all medical records in English
During scheduling we will ask for the following information:
- Your language assistance needs.
- Your medical history. If you have obtained your medical records in English, we will give you mailing information so you can send them to us.
- Your health insurance information. A copy of your insurance card must be provided. If you do not have health insurance, we can discuss your preferred method of payment.
- Members of your family who are interested in scheduling appointments. Upon notification we will make all necessary appointments for you and your family.
- Your contact information. Please provide an email address (email is preferred).
- If you require special medical needs, please inform us prior to your arrival.
Confirm your appointment
Once your appointments are scheduled, you will receive a confirmation in your email. It will detail the appointment information and any instructions you need to follow. A confirmation of your medical appointments (required by foreign embassies) will be included in the mail.
Once your appointments are confirmed, it is time to make travel arrangements.
Why choose VS Hospital
VS Group of Hospitals has a dedicated international patient services department which specialises in caring for international patients who visit our hospital from around the world.
- Our doctors are used to working with doctors from other countries, like yours.
- Interpreters who are native speakers and are certified healthcare interpreters.
- Co-ordinators who are familiar with your country and language, and will help you throughout your visit.
- World-Class Medical infrastructure spread across three facilities in the heart of Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Received the ISO 9001:2008 Certification.
- Experienced nursing and support staff are trained to inculcate compassion and love in their service
- State-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment facilities are comparable with the best that is available anywhere in the world
- With more than 30 specialities we can understand and treat ailments with a multi-disciplinary approach
- Rated one of the best hospitals by a recent survey conducted by a popular television network.
- International Patient Services helps you with all of the details of travelling and care, so you can focus on healing.
Depending on your budget, accommodation will be arranged for you and your attendant at
- Airport transfers and Ground transportation
- Prayer mats to all patients, marking the directions for prayers
- Mosque visits on Fridays for patient attendars on request
- 24/7 compassionate care
- Temporary SIM Card arrangement
- Free Wi-Fi Facility
- Assistance for Sightseeing / Shopping / Money Exchange
- Food Menu of your choice (*Available on request and will be charged extra)
Patient’s Rights and Responsibilities
As a health care facility, we are committed to delivering quality medical care to you, our patient and to making your stay as pleasant as possible. The following “Statement of Patient’s Rights”, endorsed by the administration and staff of this hospital, applies to all patients. In the event that you are unable to exercise these rights on your own behalf, then these rights are applicable to your designated / legal representatives / next of kin.
We honour and attest to your right as a patient to:
- Receive appropriate medical care without discrimination
- Contact and speak with the doctors ordering your care
- Communicate and receive a timely response to your complaints by contacting Patient Relations
Respect and Dignity
- Be treated as an individual, with unique needs and desires within the hospital premises
- Receive care free of unnecessary restraints
- Be assured of the confidentiality of your medical information
- Have your personal privacy respected
- Make informed choices about your care and treatment including the decision to refuse treatment
Coordination of Care
- Know who is in-charge of your care
- Know the identity of your physicians and your caregivers
Information, Education and Communication
- Be given complete and current information about your injury or illness, course of treatment and outcomes of care, including unanticipated outcomes, in a manner that you can understand
- Participate in decisions about your diagnosis, treatment and discharge
- Know the potential risks and benefits of procedures and treatments
- Receive an estimate and an explanation of charges, given to you in a manner that you can understand
Involvement of Family and Friends
- Be given the option of having a family member, family doctor or friend notified of your admission
- Involve family members and friends in your care when it is safe and possible
- Be cared for in an environment that is healing, clean and safe
- Receive a timely response to your pain with the intention of maximizing your comfort
- Express concerns, be listened to and receive an appropriate response
- Have your spiritual needs respected
Transition and Continuity of Care
- Have access to people outside the hospital, whether through visitors, written or verbal contact, including private phone conversations as appropriate to clinical setting
- Receive continuity and consistency of care within VS Hospitals
As a partner of our healthcare team, we ask that you:
- Provide complete and accurate information about your current and past state of health, including past illnesses, hospitalizations and the medications you are taking
- Inform us if you perceive a problem with your care
- Talk to us about your pain and options for minimizing it
- Ask questions when you do not understand what are we saying or asking you to do
- Follow the treatment plan that you developed with your doctors
- Accept responsibility for your health outcome, if you choose not to follow your treatment plan
- Follow the rules and regulations of our hospital, which have been put in place for your safety and the safety of others
- Assist our hospital in providing a safe environment by sharing your observations if you perceive unsafe conditions or practices
- Show respect and consideration for your caregivers and other patients and families by controlling noise and disturbances, refraining from smoking and respecting others’s property
- Kindly do not Tip the Housekeeping / Nursing / Valet and other staffs at the hospital. We are here to serve you and make sure that your stay at VS Hospitals is satisfied.
- Respect that Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer and reserves the right to assign a competent caregiver with skills that match your clinical needs.
Have any doubts? We look forward to answering your questions.
On demand of accommodation arrangement, depending on your budget, accommodation will be arranged for you and your attendant in hotels or serviced apartments nearby the hospital.
Yes. We provide you with services like Airport transfers and ground transportation.
Yes. Cash can be paid in USD, EUR or GBP for the hospital bills.
Yes. You can pay your bill at the hospital directly through Wire transfer, cash, card, traveller’s cheques. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex and Cirrus.
It’s really easy and hassle-free. After confirmation of your visit to our hospital, we will send a visa invite letter to the Indian Embassy in your country. A copy of the letter will be marked to you. This will enable you to get the visa with ease.