VS Hospitals offers the rigorous and Best Chemotherapy in Chennai using cutting-edge equipment and drugs to destroy the cancer cells or side-effects in treating cancer during the early stages as the treatment can be highly effective.
- Chemotherapy is performed using drugs to stop and slow down the growth of cancer cells that grow and multiply more quickly than normal cells.
- The cancer cells can also cause damage to the existing healthy cells which can cause side effects in hair growth, lining your mouth and intestines.
- While surgery and radiation therapy target a specific region of the body, Chemotherapy is done to cover the whole body.
- It helps the doctor to detect exactly where the cancer cells are present and treatment can be given accordingly.
- Getting an advanced treatment works better to destroy the cancer cells in the initial or starting stage and can also be helpful in preventing the cancer cells from spreading to other parts of the body.
- The chemotherapy in Chennai usually takes a 2 to 4 weeks gap between two chemotherapy sessions. This break allows replacing the damaged healthy cells.
- The duration or the number of sessions of Chemotherapy in Chennai depends on the individual’s health condition. Some people require one dose, while others may need it multiple times.
- It also helps in controlling the cancer cells from spreading by slowing their growth or destroying the cancer cells that have spread to other parts of your body.
- Moreover, it also shrinks the tumours which can cause pain, and pressure helps to prolong life, and improve symptoms in patients who cannot be cured. This is known as palliative chemotherapy.
Which types of cancer does chemotherapy treat?
Chemotherapy is utilized to treat types of cancer. For certain individuals, chemotherapy might be the main treatment you get. Be that as it may, most frequently, you will have chemotherapy with other disease medicines.
The sorts of therapy that you really want rely upon the kind of malignant growth you have, assuming it has spread and where, and assuming you have other medical conditions. To look further into therapy for your malignant growth.
Signs and Symptoms
- Decrease in blood cell counts
- Hair loss
- Flaky nails and dry skin
- Mouth sores
- Weakened immune system
- Loss of appetite
- Easy bruising
- Bleeding problems
- Cognitive issues
- Affects fetal development
- Increasing age
- Low haemoglobin
- Personal or family history of cancer
- Inherited genes increase cancer risk
- Radiation exposure
- Drinking alcohol
Diet and Nutrition
- Intake of more protein-based foods like beans, lentils, and soy along with animal proteins like chicken, fish, eggs, and seafood after chemotherapy in Chennai.
- Choose a variety of colorful fruits and vegetables and consult with your doctor about what to consume and what not to consume.
- Make sure to have low-fat dairy products and alternatives like milk, cheese, cottage cheese, kefir, and yogurt.
- Eat more whole grains and starchy vegetables like quinoa, oats, barley, brown rice, peas, winter squash, whole wheat bread, corn, cereals, and pasta.
- After chemotherapy in Chennai, have avocado, nuts, and seeds, and also include beverages in your diet by intaking them in a proper proportion.
- Avoid sugar-sweetened foods, white refined carbohydrates, trans fat, red and processed meat, alcohol, etc.
- Get regular medical care from an expert specialist regarding the type of cancer and how to overcome it after screening.
- Exercise daily.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Maintain a healthy physique.
- Avoid consuming alcohol.
- Avoid tobacco products.
- Avoid risky behaviors after chemotherapy in Chennai.
- Radiation therapies
- Targeted therapies
- Rapid access to treatment for effective results after chemotherapy in Chennai.
- Personalized treatment with an expert team of radiation oncologists, therapists, and medical staff.
- Cutting-edge operation theatres are equipped to perform all the major and minor chemotherapy procedures.
- Full-fledged surgical intensive care unit to handle emergencies as well as post-operative patients.
- Administration of Chemotherapy by a medical team equipped with talented doctors, trained nurses, and technicians.
- Specialized day care unit for short-duration surgical procedures and chemotherapies.
- Diagnostic radiology services include CT scans, Mammogram, Ultrasounds, and guided procedures.
Read also, Gastroenterologist Specialist in Chennai.