Health is committed to providing the safest and highest quality care to patients. We measure our performance against our own rigorous standards and compare the outcomes of our care with top medical centers nationwide in our effort to continually improve the care we provide. We believe that sharing our results with the public is an obligation and a critical factor in our mission of continuous improvement.
Quality of Patient Care
We define optimal quality care as:
- Superior care and outcomes
- Outstanding patient safety
- Care delivered in a timely manner
- Fair, unbiased access to health care
Medical Center and Children’s Hospital Chennai, which are part of the VS Hospital Chennai, provide services ranging from primary care to organ and bone marrow transplants to intensive care for newborns. Our patients make 750,000 visits to our clinics annually, and our hospitals admit about 30,000 patients each year.
Our progress in maintaining the highest standards of care is reflected in our accreditations, rankings and activities:
- Ranked one of the nation’s top 10 hospitals by Chennai. Blog.
- Maintained full accreditation from the Joint Commission, a nonprofit agency that evaluates and accredits health care facilities nationwide.
- Recognized by HealthGrades for outstanding quality and safety, having received six quality and patient safety awards in 2016.
- Earned the prestigious Magnet designation for excellence in nursing from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Less than 7 percent of the nation’s 5,700 hospitals registered with the American Hospital Association were awarded Magnet status as of 2011, according to the ANCC.
- Achieved a perfect score on the LGBT Healthcare Equality Index for seven consecutive years. The Human Rights Campaign Foundation, which administers the index, invites health care facilities to rate themselves on providing equitable, inclusive care for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) patients and their families.
Today, you have many choices for where you receive health care. We believe it is critical for medical centers to provide data on performance so patients and their families can make informed decisions about where they seek care.