Total Knee Replacement Overview
- Knee is considered as the largest and strongest joint in the body. It is also the hinge joint to provide motion at a point where the thighs meet.
- Total knee replacement is performed to identify the pain, relieve from the progressive pain, immobility and disability arising out of degenerative conditions affecting especially the older people.
- It is a surgical procedure of knee replacement surgery where the diseased knee joint is removed and replaced with an artificial material.
- Usually, the end of the femur or the thigh-bone is removed and replaced with a metal shell. A plastic button may also be included under the kneecap surface.
- The artificial components using in this type of surgery is referred as the prosthesis. A complete check-up can be done before this replacement so that, operation can be performed to give good results.
among U.S. adolescents aged 13-18 had any mental disorder
among U.S. workers report they feel "quite a bit or extremely stressed at work"
Signs and symptoms
- Pain or Swelling
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Urinary infection
- Nausea or vomiting
- Creaky joints
- Crunching noises
- Redness or tenderness
- Instability or inability
- Old age
- Genetic factors
- Blood clots
- Falls or Car accidents
- Poor circulation
- Poor posture
- Lack of flexibility of the muscles
- Sport activities
- Injuries or infections
- Uncomfortable seating arrangements
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Intake fatty fishes, olive oil which contain omega-3 fatty acids.
- Eating oranges frequently help you prevent osteoarthritis, or painful feelings.
- Have more of leafy vegetables like broccoli, spinach or mustard greens that are rich in antioxidants and can prevent pain.
- Take more nuts like almonds, rich in vitamin E and avocados, rich in fibre to strengthen your bones, joints, and muscles.
- Have milk with lesser fats as it has calcium to strengthen the bones, and also include ginger for great anti-inflammatory effects to ease pain.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Be careful while walking in slippery surfaces
- Maintain fitness to play your sport
- Exercise regularly
- Stay flexible and strong
Focused On Providing The Best Possible Treatment To Our Patients
We Have Created Our Care Practice Specially To Fit Your Needs
From trouble sleeping to work stress to anxiety to depression, we all have difficulty managing our emotions at times. It’s part of being human. And addressing these issues is a vital part of what we do as a primary care practice, because your emotional well-being is essential to your overall health and wellness.
We’ve redesigned the doctor’s office experience to fit your life, put you at ease, and treat you as a whole person. We create safe and inviting spaces,
ask meaningful questions, give you time to talk, and listen without judgment. Then we work with you on a plan to help you feel your best — whether you want to sleep better, feel calmer, worry less, or get a better handle on your mood.
To continue shedding a light on mental health issues, we teamed up with the award-winning musicians from Bear and a Banjo to create a song showing people they’re not alone. See how the project came to life in the video above — and if you’re struggling, we can help.
- Urine Tests
- Bone Scans
- Nerve Tests
- Blood Tests
- CT scan
- Custom made knee implants
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Specialized Joint Care in Elbow, Shoulder, Knee, Hip, Ankles
- Uncompartmentalized Knee Replacement
- Joint Replacement
- Complex Trauma Care
- Deformity Correction
- Rehabilitation of weakened muscles
- Full-fledged ICU
- Imaging Studies
- Sports Injuries Clinics
- Advanced Arthroscopy System
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- Intra-operative image guidance system
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Cutting edge Operation Theatre
- (Keyhole Surgery) Arthroscopy – Knee, Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist, Hip and Ankle
- Arthroscopic Revision Knee Ligament Reconstructions
- Computer Assisted Rehabilitation, Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation with CPM, & Laser Therapy.
- Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery, Fractures, Limping, Bone or Joint Infections, Tumours and Epiphyseal Injuries.
- Rapid access to treatment with experienced surgeons and trained nurses.