Total Hip Replacement Overview
- The hip joint is a ball and socket joint stabilized by ligaments and cartilage. Hip in a human body should be strong for movements like standing, bending and lifting things.
- Total Hip replacement or joint replacement is a surgical procedure to replace the hip joint with a prosthetic implant to repair the damaged socket.
- There may be a total or hemi replacement to help in relieving painful arthritis or treat hip injuries or fractures. A total hip arthroplasty or total hip replacement replaces both the acetabulumand the femoral head while generally hemiarthroplasty or hemi replacement only replaces the femoral head.
- Women are likely to suffer more from hip pain when compared to men.
among U.S. adolescents aged 13-18 had any mental disorder
among U.S. workers report they feel "quite a bit or extremely stressed at work"
Signs and symptoms
- Severe pain in groin or hip
- Swelling or redness
- Vague pain in butt, thighs, or back
- Blood clots in lungs
- Urinary infection
- Loss of muscle mass
- Inability to move
- Family history
- Physical inactivity
- Certain medications
- Nutritional problems like deficiency in Calcium or Vitamin D
- Tobacco and alcohol use
- Other chronic medical conditions
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Consume fatty fishes like salmon, anchovies, sardines, tuna and mackerel
- Some plant or nut oils like canola, olive and flaxseedoils
- Take dark green leafy vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, spinach and lettuce
- Intake more flaxseeds, pecans and walnuts.
- Have eggs which are rich in proteins and vitamin D to improve your bone strength
- Drink more milk for protein strength and include almonds which are rich in vitamin E and is an antioxidant to give your more muscle strength
- Practice exercises regularly
- Do not remain in wet or slippery places for a long time
- Do not perform work for a long time in bending position
- Avoid smoking or excessive drinking
- Assess your home for hazards
- Keep a watch on your medications.
- Keep yourself free from constipation
- Do not lift heavy weights
- Sleep in flat and stiff beds
Focused On Providing The Best Possible Treatment To Our Patients
We Have Created Our Care Practice Specially To Fit Your Needs
From trouble sleeping to work stress to anxiety to depression, we all have difficulty managing our emotions at times. It’s part of being human. And addressing these issues is a vital part of what we do as a primary care practice, because your emotional well-being is essential to your overall health and wellness.
We’ve redesigned the doctor’s office experience to fit your life, put you at ease, and treat you as a whole person. We create safe and inviting spaces,
ask meaningful questions, give you time to talk, and listen without judgment. Then we work with you on a plan to help you feel your best — whether you want to sleep better, feel calmer, worry less, or get a better handle on your mood.
To continue shedding a light on mental health issues, we teamed up with the award-winning musicians from Bear and a Banjo to create a song showing people they’re not alone. See how the project came to life in the video above — and if you’re struggling, we can help.
- Bone Scans
- Nerve Tests
- Blood Tests
- Computerized tomography (CT) scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Specialised Joint Care in Elbow, Shoulder, Knee, Hip, Ankles
- Uncompartmentalized Knee Replacements
- Spinal Motion Preservation Surgeries
- Joint Replacements
- Complex Trauma Care
- Deformity Correction
- Failed back surgeries
- Rehabilitation of weakened muscles following stroke, etc
- Total Comprehensive Spine Care with advance instrumentation
- Full-fledged ICU
- Imaging Studies
- Sports Injuries Clinics
- Advanced Arthroscopy System
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- Intra-operative image guidance system
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Arthroscopy (Keyhole Surgery) – Knee, Shoulder, Hip, Elbow, Wrist and Ankle
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation with CPM, Computer Assisted Rehabilitation & Laser Therapy
- 24 Hours Emergency Service Trauma Care and CT Scan Services
- Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery (Fractures, Bone or Joint Infections and Tumours, Epiphyseal Injuries, Hip Diseases like Perthes and Slipped Femoral Epiphysis)