VS Hospitals offers the best Lung cancer treatment in Chennai. Lung cancer is one of the most common cancers, common in both men and women. Lungs are a part of a spongy Air-filled organ located on either side of the chest, Which helps in breathing. Cancer that originates from the lungs is called lung cancer.
When the cells in the lungs mutate abnormally they form a tumor. The commonest cause of lung cancer is smoking. People who don’t smoke Are also affected by lung cancer. When a person is continuously exposed to passive or second-hand smoke he or she is also at risk for lung cancer.
According to a recent medical survey, lung cancer is the deadliest form of cancer that has to be treated immediately. The best way to fight lung cancer is to avoid smoking and should not be exposed to secondhand smoking. Men are more likely to get lung cancer where consulting an expert physician is a must thing to get the best lung cancer treatment in Chennai.
It is a curable disease where early detection, proper and healthy diet is required to increase the chance of survival. You can also discover a wide spectrum of services that help patients to get the best lung cancer treatment in Chennai.
Tests to diagnose lung cancer
Tests may include:
- Imaging tests. An X-ray image of your lungs may reveal an abnormal mass or nodule. A CT scan can reveal small lesions in your lungs that might not be detected on an X-ray.
- Sputum cytology. If you have a cough and are producing sputum, looking at the sputum under the microscope can sometimes reveal the presence of lung cancer cells.
- Tissue sample (biopsy). A sample of abnormal cells may be removed in a procedure called a biopsy.
Types of Lung cancer:
Lung cancer is of two major types based on microscopic appearance.
Small cell lung cancer :
Small cell lung cancer is mostly diagnosed in chain smokers or active smokers. the two different types of small cell lung cancer or small cell carcinoma and mixed small or large cell carcinoma. It is a less common subtype with a significantly worse outcome and aggressive nature.
Non-small cell lung cancer :
Non-small cell cancer includes adenocarcinoma (which affects epithelial tissues) squamous cell carcinoma (which affects bronchus) and large cell carcinoma (this is found in all parts of the lungs and spreads fast my). Non-small cell lung cancer is the most common subtype of lung cancer.
Diabetes And The Lungs
By far, scientists are unsure exactly how or why diabetes impacts our lung function, but some suggest that the cause of decreased lung capacity and function is inflammation. Others believe it might be caused by obesity or smoking. Either way, lung function can get worse as blood glucose levels increase due to diabetes.
Symptoms (Lung Cancer Treatment):
Cancer doesn’t show more signs and symptoms in its early stage. Usually, the symptoms are more in the later stages of cancer.
- Breathing difficulty or wheezing
- Shortness of breath on exertion or at rest
- Continuous cough even with medication
- Coughing out blood
- Pain in the area of chest and ribs
- Sudden weight loss
- Hoarseness of voice
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck or armpit
- Smoking is the major cause of lung cancer
- Second-hand smoking or passive smoking
- Exposure to radon gas
- Continuous exposure to dangerous and poisonous industrial gas
- Family history.
Types of Treatment
Lung cancer is treated in more ways than one, contingent upon the sort of cellular breakdown in the lungs
Surgery. An activity where specialists cut out disease tissue.
Chemotherapy. Utilizing extraordinary prescriptions to psychologist or kill the malignant growth. The medications can be pills you take or prescriptions given in your veins, or at times both.
Radiation therapy. Utilizing high-energy beams (like X-rays) to kill the cancer.
Targeted therapy. Utilizing medications to obstruct the development and spread of malignant growth cells.
- Stop smoking
- Avoid second-hand smoking
- Usage of protective masks in the workplace and industries.
- Healthy eating habits.
- Intake of fruits and vegetables
Read also Foods for Cancer Patients.