Lung Cancer Treatment
Lungs are a part of a spongy Air-filled organ located on either side of the chest, Which helps in breathing. Cancer that originates from the lungs is called lung cancer. When the cells in the lungs mutate abnormally they form a tumor. The commonest cause of lung cancer is smoking. People who don’t smoke Are also affected by lung cancer. When a person is continuously exposed to passive or second-hand smoke he or she is also at risk for lung cancer.
Types of cancer:
Lung cancer is of two major types based on microscopic appearance.
Small cell lung cancer :
Small cell lung cancer is mostly diagnosed in chain smokers or active smokers. the two different types of small cell lung cancer or small cell carcinoma and mixed small or large cell carcinoma. It is a less common subtype with a significantly worse outcome and aggressive nature.
Non-small cell lung cancer :
Non-small cell cancer includes adenocarcinoma (which affects epithelial tissues) squamous cell carcinoma (which affects bronchus) and large cell carcinoma (this is found in all parts of the lungs and spreads fast my). Non-small cell lung cancer is the most common subtype of lung cancer.
Symptoms (Lung Cancer Treatment):
Cancer doesn’t show more signs and symptoms in its early stage. Usually, the symptoms are more in the later stages of cancer.
- Breathing difficulty or wheezing
- Shortness of breath on exertion or at rest
- Continuous cough even with medication
- Coughing out blood
- Pain in the area of chest and ribs
- Sudden weight loss
- Hoarseness of voice
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck or armpit
- Smoking is the major cause of lung cancer
- Second-hand smoking or passive smoking
- Exposure to radon gas
- Continuous exposure to dangerous and poisonous industrial gas
- Family history.
- Stop smoking
- Avoid second-hand smoking
- Usage of protective masks in the workplace and industries.
- Healthy eating habits.
- Intake of fruits and vegetables