Uterine Cancer Overview
- Uterine cancer is also known as endometrial cancer because it starts in the (endometrium), which is the layer of cells forming the lining of the uterus between the bladder and rectum.
- Generally, the uterus is known as a womb. It has three sections. They include the cervix (narrow lower section), isthmus (broad section in the middle) and fundus (dome-shaped top section).
- It is also made up of three layers that include the endometrium, myometrium and serosa.
- When healthy cells change and grow out of control forming a mass called a tumour (cancerous or benign) where uterine cancer begins.
- A cancerous tumour is malignant which means it can grow and spread to other parts of the body. A benign tumour will not spread to other body parts.
- It is the most common cancer which occurs inside a woman’s reproductive system which can be detected at an early stage because it produces abnormal vaginal bleeding frequently.
among U.S. adolescents aged 13-18 had any mental disorder
among U.S. workers report they feel "quite a bit or extremely stressed at work"
Signs and symptoms
- Vaginal bleeding, discharge or spotting after menopause
- Pelvic pain
- (AUB) abnormal uterine bleeding
- Menorrhagia (abnormally heavy or prolonged bleeding)
- Older age
- Other cancers
- More years of menstruation
- Never having been pregnant
- Radiation therapy
- Hormone therapy for breast cancer
- An inherited colon cancer syndrome
- Changing in the balance of female hormones
- Tamoxifen (Nolvadexto), prevent or treat breast cancer
- Extended exposure to oestrogen and/or an imbalance of oestrogen
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Eat food that is rich in fibres like bran, berries, broccoli, cabbage, celery, squash, beans, mushrooms and oranges to promote a healthy digestive tract which further helps to eliminate toxins and by products from your body.
- Intake probiotic-rich foods like yogurt, kombucha, kefir, and raw cheeses to stimulate healthy gut bacteria.
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Monitoring the blood glucose levels regularly
- Using a progesterone intrauterine device (IUD), a contraceptive birth control
- Consulting your doctor about the risks of hormone therapy after menopause
- Consider taking birth control pills
Focused On Providing The Best Possible Treatment To Our Patients
We Have Created Our Care Practice Specially To Fit Your Needs
From trouble sleeping to work stress to anxiety to depression, we all have difficulty managing our emotions at times. It’s part of being human. And addressing these issues is a vital part of what we do as a primary care practice, because your emotional well-being is essential to your overall health and wellness.
We’ve redesigned the doctor’s office experience to fit your life, put you at ease, and treat you as a whole person. We create safe and inviting spaces,
ask meaningful questions, give you time to talk, and listen without judgment. Then we work with you on a plan to help you feel your best — whether you want to sleep better, feel calmer, worry less, or get a better handle on your mood.
To continue shedding a light on mental health issues, we teamed up with the award-winning musicians from Bear and a Banjo to create a song showing people they’re not alone. See how the project came to life in the video above — and if you’re struggling, we can help.
- Imaging tests
- Endometrial biopsy
- Lymph node removal
- Dilation and curettage (D&C)
- Transvaginal ultrasound
- Computed tomography (CT or CAT) scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Molecular testing of the tumour
- Examining the pelvis or urine sample (urine cytology)
- Using sound waves
- Examining your endometrium using a scope
- Performing surgery to remove tissue for testing(biopsy)
- Radiation therapies
- Targeted therapies
- Cutting edge operation theatres equipped to perform all the major and minor oncologic surgeries.
- Full-fledged surgical intensive care unit to handle oncological emergencies as well as post-operative patients.
- Administration of Chemotherapy by trained nurses
- Specialized day care unit for short duration surgical procedures and chemotherapies.
- Diagnostic radiology services including CT scan, D & C, Mammogram, Ultrasound and guided procedures.
- Dedicated tumour board with a team of medical/surgical/radiation oncologists for better patient care.
- Comprehensive quality care by a team of experienced surgeons.
- A highly qualified multi-speciality team available for opinion and management.