Breast Cancer Overview
- Breast cancer is formed in the breast cells. This cancer can affect both men and women, but most commonly it occurs in women.
- It is an abnormal growth of the cells lining the breast lobules or ducts which can have an uncontrollable growth and has the potential to spread to other parts of the body.
- When the breast cancer cells move to other parts of the body through the blood or lymph vessels it is called a metastasis which can spread further through the body to areas such as bones, brain, liver and lungs
- The breast cancer survival rates have increased, and the number of deaths associated with this disease is declining steadily, due to factors such as earlier detection, treatment with a new personalized approach and a better understanding of the disease
lower odds of premature death for adults with a primary care provider
would be the annual amount US save If everyone saw a primary care provider
Signs and symptoms
- The appearance of a breast seems to be different
- Lump or mass in the breast
- Irritation or dimpling on the breast skin or nipple (areola)
- Nipple discharge and retraction
- Swelling or thickening in the breast or under the arms
- Being female
- Increasing age
- Personal or family history of cancer
- Inherited genes that increase cancer risk
- Radiation exposure
- Postmenopausal hormone therapy
- Drinking alcohol
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Get an advice from the doctor regarding breast cancer screening
- Take a breast self-exam for self-awareness
- Exercise daily
- Avoid consuming alcohol
- Limit postmenopausal hormone therapy
- Choose a healthy diet and maintain a healthy weight
Advanced Cancer Care
Breast Cancer Explanation
VS Hospitals is the Best cancer hospital in Chennai, offering the advanced and affordable cancer treatment with leading Oncologists Surgeons and world-class infrastructure. With 50 Years of Legacy in Healthcare, VS Hospitals, Best cancer hospital in Chennai, has treated the highest number of cancer patients (in PVT. hospital). Super-Speciality – Tertiary Care – Center for Advanced Surgeries – International Medical Tourism @Kilpauk, Chennai.
- Breast exam
- Breast ultrasound
- Eliminating a sample of breast cells for testing (biopsy)
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Computerized tomography (CT) scan
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scan
- Radiation therapies
- Targeted therapies
- Rapid access to treatment
- A personalised breast care plan with an expert radiation oncologist.
- Cutting edge operation theatres equipped to perform all the major and minor oncologic surgeries.
- Full-fledged surgical intensive care unit to handle oncological emergencies as well as post-operative patients.
- Administration of Chemotherapy by trained nurses.
- Specialized day care unit for short duration surgical procedures and chemotherapies.
- Diagnostic radiology services including CT scan, Mammogram, Ultrasound and guided procedures.