Bladder Cancer Overview
VS Hospitals offer the best bladder cancer treatment in Chennai. With advanced cancer therapies, most bladder cancers are diagnosed at an early stage and treated.
- The bladder is a hollow muscular organ in the lower abdomen where urine gets stored. Bladder cancer usually forms on urothelial cells that line the tube (ureters) connecting the kidneys to the bladder along with the bladder itself.
- When DNA in the cells gets damaged by waste chemicals there are chances of cancer. The biggest risk factor is smoking.
- Higher chances of bladder cancer are possible in the bladder where the urine has the longest contact with the lining of the urothelial cells which can progressively cause internal bleeding.
- Most bladder cancers are diagnosed at an early stage even before they start spreading. The treatment methods would be surgery, chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy.
- Mostly men are affected with bladder cancer compared to that of women and it is more common in people aged 60 and above.
among U.S. adolescents aged 13-18 had any mental disorder
among U.S. workers report they feel "quite a bit or extremely stressed at work"
Signs and symptoms
- Blood in urine (haematuria) which may cause urine to appear in bright red or cola colour
- Painful and frequent urination
- Severe back pain
- Increasing age
- Exposure to certain chemicals
- Chronic bladder inflammation
- Previous cancer treatment
- Personal or family history of cancer
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, berries and citrus fruits are rich in antioxidants
- Meat, chicken, fish, eggs, beans, lentils, soy products, nuts, seeds, and dairy support the immune system
- Fish, avocados, nuts, seeds, olives, and olive oils help to repair cells
- Whole grains are high in fibre content
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid exposure of chemicals
- Intake more fruits and vegetables
Bladder Cancer Awareness
Bladder Cancer Awareness
VS Hospitals is the Best cancer hospital in Chennai, offering the advanced and affordable bladder cancer treatment in Chennai with leading Oncologists Surgeons and world-class infrastructure. With 50 Years of Legacy in Healthcare, VS Hospitals, Best cancer hospital in Chennai, has treated the highest number of cancer patients (in PVT. hospital). Super-Speciality – Tertiary Care – Center for Advanced Surgeries – International Medical Tourism @Kilpauk, Chennai.
- Urine tests
- Biopsy/Transurethral resection of bladder tumour (TURBT).
- Computed tomography (CT or CAT) scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- PET-CT scan or Positron emission tomography (PET)
- Radiation therapies
- Targeted therapies
- Cutting edge operation theatres equipped to perform all the major and minor bladder treatment surgeries in Chennai.
- Comprehensive quality care by a team of experienced surgeons
- Full-fledged surgical intensive care unit to handle oncological emergencies as well as post-operative patients
- Administration of Chemotherapy by trained nurses
- Specialized day care unit for short duration surgical procedures and chemotherapies.
- A highly qualified multi-speciality team available for opinion and management
- Diagnostic radiology services including CT scan, Mammogram, Ultrasound and guided procedures
We provide Our best Bladder Cancer Treatment in Chennai
According to a recent medical survey, an approximation of 45000 men and 17000 women are prone to be diagnosed with the bladder cancer every year. The major cause of the bladder cancer is smoking. It is said that it occurs due to the urinary infections but, still the exact cause of the bladder cancer is unknown.
We provide you with advanced treatments to overcome this by make sure that you get the best bladder cancer treatment in Chennai. It is advisable to quit smoking and keep yourself hydrated. Connect with us as we are an excelled with our medical experts and trained staff to provide you the best cancer treatment in Chennai.