Head and Neck Cancer Treatment
VS Hospitals provides the best head and neck cancer treatment in Chennai. With modern therapies, most head and neck cancers are diagnosed at an early stage and treated with utmost care.
- Head and neck cancers start in any part of the head or neck area, including the nose, mouth and throat, larynx, sinuses (spaces in the bones of the face), salivary glands and middle ear.
- They usually begin in the squamous cells(carcinoma) that line the moist, mucosal surfaces inside the head and neck areas.
- They are more common in men than women aged 40 years and above.
Head and neck cancer are the 6th most common cancer
India constitutes for about 57.5% cases of head and neck cancers
60% consume smokeless tobacco
Signs and symptoms
- Head and Neck Cancer most common symptom is the swelling or a persistent sore throat that does not heal
- Lump or mass in the head or neck region
- Persistent nasal obstruction or congestion
- Unusual nasal bleeding or discharge resulting in respiratory or breathing problems
- Difficulty in chewing and swallowing
- Pain or trouble in moving the jaw or tongue
- Double vision and ear pain or infection
- Numbness or dysfunction or in the head or neck area
- Phlegm or blood in the saliva discharged into the mouth from respiratory passage
- Dentures that no longer fit
- Poor nutrition
- Poor oral and dental hygiene
- Prolonged sun exposure
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
- Environmental or occupational inhalants
- Laryngopharyngeal reflux disease (LPRD)
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Weakened immune system
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Cruciferous vegetables and leafy vegetables like cauliflower, cabbage, etc may increase carcinogen metabolism, induce apoptosis, and reduce the risk of developing a primary head and neck tumour.
- Stopping using tobacco products
- Avoid marijuana or alcohol
- Maintaining proper care of dentures
Head and Neck Cancer Awareness
Head and Neck Cancer Awareness
Head and neck cancers start in any part of the head or neck area, including the nose, mouth and throat, larynx, sinuses (spaces in the bones of the face), salivary glands and middle ear. They usually begin in the squamous cells(carcinoma) that line the moist, mucosal surfaces inside the head and neck areas.
VS Hospitals is the Best cancer hospital in Chennai, offering the advanced and affordable cancer treatment with leading Oncologists Surgeons and world-class infrastructure. With 50 Years of Legacy in Healthcare, VS Hospitals, Best cancer hospital in Chennai, has treated the highest number of cancer patients (in PVT. hospital). Super-Speciality – Tertiary Care – Center for Advanced Surgeries – International Medical Tourism @Kilpauk, Chennai.
- Physical examination/blood and urine tests
- Molecular testing of the tumour
- X-ray/barium swallow
- Panoramic radiograph
- Computed tomography (CT or CAT) scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Bone scan
- PET-CT or Positron emission tomography (PET)scan
- Radiation therapies
- Targeted therapies
- Cutting edge operation theatres equipped to perform all the major and minor oncologic surgeries.
- Full-fledged surgical intensive care unit to handle oncological emergencies as well as post-operative patients
- Administration of Chemotherapy by trained nurses
- Specialized day care unit for short duration surgical procedures and chemotherapies.
- Diagnostic radiology services including CT scan, Mammogram, Ultrasound and guided procedures.
- Dedicated tumour board with a team of medical/surgical/radiation oncologists for better patient care.
We provide Our best Head and Neck Cancer Treatment in Chennai
According to a recent medical survey, head and neck cancer is a complex disease where more than 85% of the people get this disease due to the usage of tobacco and more than 75 % of the people get affected due to the combination of using tobacco and alcohol. We help you get the various therapies to help you recover by providing you with the best head and neck cancer treatment in Chennai. If you get any irresistible pain in your ear, nose or throat contact us so that our medical experts and trained staff will assist you in providing the best head and neck cancer treatment in Chennai.