SKIN CANCER Overview
- Skin cancer is an abnormal growth in the skin cells and is most often caused due to the exposure to sunlight. It can also occur on other areas of your skin which is not ordinarily exposed to sunlight.
- There are three major types of skin cancer that include the basal cell carcinoma, melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma.
- Checking your skin frequently and finding any changes can detect skin cancer at the earliest to provide successful skin cancer treatment.
among U.S. adolescents aged 13-18 had any mental disorder
among U.S. workers report they feel "quite a bit or extremely stressed at work"
Signs and symptoms
- Pearly or waxy bumps
- Bleeding or scabbing sore that heals and returns
- Large brownish spot with darker speckles
- Moles that change in colour, size or feel or that bleeds
- Small lesion with an irregular border and portions that appear red, pink, white, blue or blue-black
- A painful lesion that causes itches or burns
- Dark lesions on your palms, fingertips, soles, toes or mucous membranes
- Kaposi sarcoma.
- Merkel cell carcinoma
- Sebaceous gland carcinoma
- Squamous cell carcinoma
- Bumps, spots or blisters
- Development of a new pigmented growth on your skin
- A feeling of skin tightness after a shower, bath or swim
- Fair skin
- A history of sunburns.
- Precancerous skin lesions
- Family or personal history
- A weakened immune system
- Swimming frequently in chlorinated pools
- Exposure to radiation or sunlight and certain substances
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Intaking more green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits or fruit juices can increase your chance of getting a glow and healthy skin.
- Consume fishes as it has omega-3s acids and acts as an anti-inflammatory agent.
- Include salads, soups, green or black teas, red wine in your diet as they are potential cancer fighters.
- Eat nuts like almonds, hazelnuts etc and avoid oily foods to maintain your beautiful skin.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight
- Wear protective clothing
- Be aware of sun-sensitizing medications
- Moisturize you skin daily
- Treat your scalp
- Reduce stress or anxiety
- Use a humidifier
- Use sunscreens, lotions, creams, or gels to keep you skin smooth and cool
- Avoid scratching or itching
- Don’t expose your skin to cold or windy weather
- Wear rubber gloves
- Use lukewarm water and limit your bath time
- Choose fabrics that suit your skin
Focused On Providing The Best Possible Treatment To Our Patients
We Have Created Our Care Practice Specially To Fit Your Needs
From trouble sleeping to work stress to anxiety to depression, we all have difficulty managing our emotions at times. It’s part of being human. And addressing these issues is a vital part of what we do as a primary care practice, because your emotional well-being is essential to your overall health and wellness.
We’ve redesigned the doctor’s office experience to fit your life, put you at ease, and treat you as a whole person. We create safe and inviting spaces,
ask meaningful questions, give you time to talk, and listen without judgment. Then we work with you on a plan to help you feel your best — whether you want to sleep better, feel calmer, worry less, or get a better handle on your mood.
To continue shedding a light on mental health issues, we teamed up with the award-winning musicians from Bear and a Banjo to create a song showing people they’re not alone. See how the project came to life in the video above — and if you’re struggling, we can help.
- Physical exam.
- Blood test
- Tests of thyroid, liver and kidney function
- CT scans
- PET scans
- Corticosteroid creams, other creams and ointments
- Oral medications
- Light therapy (phototherapy)
- Radiation therapies
- Targeted therapies
- Well-equipped operation theatres with advanced treatments to perform all the major and minor oncologic surgeries.
- Customized surgical intensive care unit to handle oncological emergencies and also treat post-operative patients
- Administration of Chemotherapy by trained staffs and nurses.
- Specialized day care units for short surgical procedures and chemotherapies.
- Diagnostic radiology services comprising CT scan, Imaging tests, Mammogram, Ultrasound and guided procedures.
- Dedicated tumour board with a team of medical/surgical/radiation oncologists for better patient care.
- Comprehensive and precise care by a team of experienced surgeons.
- Expert multi-speciality team available for opinion and management