- Leukaemia is a cancer of the blood cells including the bone marrow and the lymphatic system. There are many broad categories of blood cells, which includes the (RBCs) red blood cells, (WBCs), white blood cells and platelets.
- It refers to cancers of the WBCs which is very important for our immune system. The white blood cells are potent infection fighters and they grow normally and divide in an orderly way, depending on your body need.
- Mostly WBC’s are produced in the bone marrow, but certain types of WBCs are also produced in the spleen, lymph nodes and thymus gland. But people with leukaemia, have abnormal white blood cells produced by the bone marrow produces, and doesn’t function properly.
- Some forms of leukaemia are common in children whereas other forms of leukaemia occur mostly in adults.
- Depending on the type of leukaemia and other factors, treatment for leukaemia is complex but certain strategies and resources can make your treatment successful.
among U.S. adolescents aged 13-18 had any mental disorder
among U.S. workers report they feel "quite a bit or extremely stressed at work"
Signs and symptoms
- fever or chills
- frequent or severe infections
- excessive sweating, especially the “night sweats”
- easy Bruising or bleeding
- difficulty in breathing
- unintentional weight loss
- feeling weak and restless
- tenderness or bone pain
- persistent Fatigue
- tiny red spots on the skin called the ‘petechiae’
- swollen lymph nodes
- enlarged liver or spleen
- enlargement of the liver or spleen
- recurrent nosebleeds
- Previous cancer treatment.
- Genetic disorders.
- Blood disorders
- Exposure to certain chemicals.
- Exposure to high levels of radiation
- Family history of leukaemia
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Consume 10 fruits and vegetables daily which have great sources of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that are highly potential to fight cancer cells.
- Steamed vegetables like peppers, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, mushrooms, zucchini, and sweet peas.
- Whole grains such as cereals, brown rice and quinoa which provide more nutrients compared to nutrients got from the refined grains
- Additionally, have soup made from kale, spinach, mustard greens and low-sodium vegetable juice which adds greater support to your health
- Also, food which is rich in protein content to strengthen your body and fend off weakness caused by chemotherapy.
- Eat a Healthy (Mediterranean-Style) Diet
- Minimize Sucralose
- Exercise daily
- Don’t Smoke
- Don’t Share Needles
- Practice Safe Sex
- Maintain a Healthy Weight
Focused On Providing The Best Possible Treatment To Our Patients
We Have Created Our Care Practice Specially To Fit Your Needs
From trouble sleeping to work stress to anxiety to depression, we all have difficulty managing our emotions at times. It’s part of being human. And addressing these issues is a vital part of what we do as a primary care practice, because your emotional well-being is essential to your overall health and wellness.
We’ve redesigned the doctor’s office experience to fit your life, put you at ease, and treat you as a whole person. We create safe and inviting spaces,
ask meaningful questions, give you time to talk, and listen without judgment. Then we work with you on a plan to help you feel your best — whether you want to sleep better, feel calmer, worry less, or get a better handle on your mood.
To continue shedding a light on mental health issues, we teamed up with the award-winning musicians from Bear and a Banjo to create a song showing people they’re not alone. See how the project came to life in the video above — and if you’re struggling, we can help.
- Physical examination
- Blood tests
- Bone marrow test
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy
- Lumbar puncture (spinal tap)
- Radiation therapies
- Targeted therapies
- Stem cell transplantation
- Cutting edge operation theatres equipped to perform all the major and minor oncologic surgeries.
- Full-fledged surgical intensive care unit to handle oncological emergencies as well as post-operative patients.
- Specialized day care unit for short duration surgical procedures and chemotherapies.
- Diagnostic radiology services including CT scan, X-rays, MRI scan, Ultrasound and guided procedures.
- Dedicated tumour board with a team of medical/surgical/radiation oncologists for better patient care.