KIDNEY CANCER (RENAL CELL) Overview
- Kidney cancer is called as the renal cell cancer. This cancer affects the kidneys, the two bean-shaped organs located behind your abdominal organs.
- The most common type of Renal Cell Cancer in adults is the renal cell carcinoma Other less common types of kidney cancers like Wilms’ tumour are more likely to develop among the young children.
- In recent days, Renal Cell Cancer seems to be increasing. One reason may be the imaging techniques such as computerized tomography (CT) scans are being used most often which may lead to the accidental discovery of more Renal Cell Cancers.
- Kidney cancer discovered at an early stage can be treated wisely with advanced treatments. (Check out the list of of top 10 nephrologists in Chennai).
The lifetime risk of kidney cancer is about 1 in 46 for men
The lifetime risk of kidney cancer is about 1 in 80 for women
65 – 74
People aged between 65 – 74 are more prone to kidney cancer
Signs and symptoms
- Blood in your urine in the colour of pink, red or cola coloured.
- Loss of appetite
- Unexplained weight loss
- Extremely tired
- Upper abdominal pain
- Fatigue and weakness
- Sleeping problems
- Decreased mental sharpness
- Muscle twitches and cramps
- Swelling of feet and ankles
- Persistent itching
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Older age
- Family history
- Treatment for kidney failure
- Certain inherited syndromes
- Heart diseases or heart failure
- Liver diseases
- Certain supplements and medications,
- Other medical conditions
- Certain cancers and their treatments
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Include bread, rice, cereal, pasta, popcorn at least once in a week.
- Eat more green vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, garlic, ginger, onions brinjal, bean sprouts, celery, red bell pepper and coriander etc and fruits that include grapes, mangoes, pears, apples, cherries, peaches and blueberries to keep yourself healthy.
- Regular intake of dairy products can be included but intake oil, butter or margarine in limited quantity say half or one teaspoon a day.
- Avoid soda, frozen meals, processed deli meats, butter and mayonnaise as they are hazardous to the kidneys.
- Quit smoking
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Control high blood pressure
- Make a healthy lifestyle a priority
- Follow instructions on over-the-counter medications
Focused On Providing The Best Possible Treatment To Our Patients
We Have Created Our Care Practice Specially To Fit Your Needs
VS Hospitals is the Best kidney cancer hospital in Chennai, offering the advanced and affordable kidney cancer treatment with leading Oncologists Surgeons, nephrologists, and world-class infrastructure. With 50 Years of Legacy in Healthcare, VS Hospitals, Best cancer hospital in Chennai, has treated the highest number of cancer patients (in PVT. hospital). Super-Speciality – Tertiary Care – Center for Advanced Surgeries – International Medical Tourism @Kilpauk, Chennai.
- Blood and urine tests
- Imaging tests.
- Kidney function tests
- Radiation therapies
- Targeted therapies
- Clinical trials
- Well-equipped operation theatres with advanced treatments to perform all the major and minor oncologic surgeries.
- Customized surgical intensive care unit to handle oncological emergencies and also treat post-operative patients.
- Administration of Chemotherapy by trained staffs and nurses.
- Specialized day care units for short surgical procedures and chemotherapies.
- Diagnostic radiology services comprising CT scan, Imaging tests, Mammogram, Ultrasound and guided procedures.
- Dedicated tumour board with a team of medical/surgical/radiation oncologists for better patient care.
- Comprehensive and precise care by a team of experienced surgeons.
- Expert multi-speciality team available for opinion and management.