KIDNEY CANCER (RENAL CELL) Overview
- Kidney cancer is called as the renal cell cancer. This cancer affects the kidneys, the two bean-shaped organs located behind your abdominal organs.
- The most common type of kidney cancer in adults is the renal cell carcinoma Other less common types of kidney cancers like Wilms’ tumour are more likely to develop among the young children.
- In recent days, kidney cancer seems to be increasing. One reason may be the imaging techniques such as computerized tomography (CT) scans are being used most often which may lead to the accidental discovery of more kidney cancers.
- Kidney cancer discovered at an early stage can be treated wisely with advanced treatments.
among U.S. adolescents aged 13-18 had any mental disorder
among U.S. workers report they feel "quite a bit or extremely stressed at work"
Signs and symptoms
- Blood in your urine in the colour of pink, red or cola coloured.
- Loss of appetite
- Unexplained weight loss
- Extremely tired
- Upper abdominal pain
- Fatigue and weakness
- Sleeping problems
- Decreased mental sharpness
- Muscle twitches and cramps
- Swelling of feet and ankles
- Persistent itching
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Older age
- Family history
- Treatment for kidney failure
- Certain inherited syndromes
- Heart diseases or heart failure
- Liver diseases
- Certain supplements and medications,
- Other medical conditions
- Certain cancers and their treatments
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Include bread, rice, cereal, pasta, popcorn at least once in a week.
- Eat more green vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, garlic, ginger, onions brinjal, bean sprouts, celery, red bell pepper and coriander etc and fruits that include grapes, mangoes, pears, apples, cherries, peaches and blueberries to keep yourself healthy.
- Regular intake of dairy products can be included but intake oil, butter or margarine in limited quantity say half or one teaspoon a day.
- Avoid soda, frozen meals, processed deli meats, butter and mayonnaise as they are hazardous to the kidneys.
- Quit smoking
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Control high blood pressure
- Make a healthy lifestyle a priority
- Follow instructions on over-the-counter medications
Focused On Providing The Best Possible Treatment To Our Patients
We Have Created Our Care Practice Specially To Fit Your Needs
From trouble sleeping to work stress to anxiety to depression, we all have difficulty managing our emotions at times. It’s part of being human. And addressing these issues is a vital part of what we do as a primary care practice, because your emotional well-being is essential to your overall health and wellness.
We’ve redesigned the doctor’s office experience to fit your life, put you at ease, and treat you as a whole person. We create safe and inviting spaces,
ask meaningful questions, give you time to talk, and listen without judgment. Then we work with you on a plan to help you feel your best — whether you want to sleep better, feel calmer, worry less, or get a better handle on your mood.
To continue shedding a light on mental health issues, we teamed up with the award-winning musicians from Bear and a Banjo to create a song showing people they’re not alone. See how the project came to life in the video above — and if you’re struggling, we can help.
- Blood and urine tests
- Imaging tests.
- Kidney function tests
- Radiation therapies
- Targeted therapies
- Clinical trials
- Well-equipped operation theatres with advanced treatments to perform all the major and minor oncologic surgeries.
- Customized surgical intensive care unit to handle oncological emergencies and also treat post-operative patients.
- Administration of Chemotherapy by trained staffs and nurses.
- Specialized day care units for short surgical procedures and chemotherapies.
- Diagnostic radiology services comprising CT scan, Imaging tests, Mammogram, Ultrasound and guided procedures.
- Dedicated tumour board with a team of medical/surgical/radiation oncologists for better patient care.
- Comprehensive and precise care by a team of experienced surgeons.
- Expert multi-speciality team available for opinion and management.