Colorectal cancer Overview
- Colorectal cancer is also known as colon cancer or rectal cancer because it begins in the large intestine (colon or rectum) which is the final part of the digestive tract.
- Colona and rectum are the hollow tube which measures 5 – 6 feet in length running from the small intestine to the anus. The end point of the colon is the rectum.
- At the base of the rectum are the sphincter muscles which helps in preventing the rectum from emptying out accidentally.
- The initial stage of this cancer begins in the inside of the colon called the polyps. It is usually small and noncancerous(benigns). Overtime these tiny polyps become colon cancers.
- Many screening tests and advanced treatments can significantly improve best outcomes and survival rates are also increased if treated initially.
among U.S. adolescents aged 13-18 had any mental disorder
among U.S. workers report they feel "quite a bit or extremely stressed at work"
Signs and symptoms
- Rectal bleeding or blood in stool
- Anal pain
- Anal lumps
- Fatigue or weakness
- Unexpected weight loss
- Mucous or pus discharge
- Persistent Abdominal pain or discomfort
- Older age
- Family history
- Drinking alcohol
- High-fat and low-fibre, diet
- A sedentary lifestyle
- Radiation therapy for cancer
- Inflammatory intestinal conditions
- A personal history of polyps
- Inherited syndromes that increase the risks of colorectal cancer
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Consume berries, carrots as they are full of antioxidants and phytonutrient which can protect you from many types of cancer.
- Intake coffee as it plays a major in prevention of colon cancer.
- Eat more fruits, cruciferous vegetables, beans and legumes, spinach and nuts which helps in increasing the level of specific fatty acids to protect the growth of cancer cells.
- Also, intake foods that are rich in vitamin and proteins.
- Avoid alcohol consumption
- Avoid smoking
- Exercise regularly
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Maintain a balanced diet
Focused On Providing The Best Possible Treatment To Our Patients
We Have Created Our Care Practice Specially To Fit Your Needs
VS Hospitals is the Best cancer hospital in Chennai, offering the advanced and affordable cancer treatment with leading Oncologists Surgeons and world-class infrastructure. With 50 Years of Legacy in Healthcare, VS Hospitals, Best cancer hospital in Chennai, has treated the highest number of cancer patients (in PVT. hospital). Super-Speciality – Tertiary Care – Center for Advanced Surgeries – International Medical Tourism @Kilpauk, Chennai.
- Blood tests
- CT scans
- Abdominal or pelvic scans
- Radiation therapies
- Targeted therapies
- Well-equipped operation theatres with advanced treatments to perform all the major and minor oncologic surgeries.
- Customized surgical intensive care unit to handle oncological emergencies and also treat post-operative patients
- Administration of Chemotherapy by trained staffs and nurses.
- Specialized day care units for short surgical procedures and chemotherapies.
- Diagnostic radiology services comprising CT scan, Imaging tests, Mammogram, Ultrasound and guided procedures.
- Dedicated tumour board with a team of medical/surgical/radiation oncologists for better patient care.
- Comprehensive and precise care by a team of experienced surgeons.
- Expert multi-speciality team available for opinion and management