Tennis Elbow Overview
- Tennis elbow is also known as lateral epicondylitis because it is a painful condition that mostly occur when tendons in the elbow are overloaded, especially by repetitive motions of the wrist and arm.
- Despite its name, tennis elbow is not only developed among the athletes, but also for people whose jobs feature the motions like the plumbers, painters, carpenters, and butchers can also lead to tennis elbow.
- The pain occurs primarily where the tendons of your forearm muscles attach to a bony bump which is outside the elbow. It can also spread in the forearm and wrist.
- Rest and over-the-counter pain relievers mostly help to relieve tennis elbow. In case, if conservative treatments don’t help or if symptoms are disabled, your doctor might suggest surgery for sure.
among U.S. adolescents aged 13-18 had any mental disorder
among U.S. workers report they feel "quite a bit or extremely stressed at work"
Signs and symptoms
- Losing grip in holding an object
- Shivering hands
- Ache in the outer side of the elbow
- Feeing restless
- Old age
- Sport activities
- Previous injury
- Repetitive movements
- Manual labourers
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Drink more fresh celery juice, pineapple juice for reducing pain and inflammation caused by tennis elbow.
- Fishes like mackerel, salmon are rich sources of omega 3 fatty acids and should be consumed along with the flax seeds.
- Foods such as broccoli, cabbage, spinach, whole grains, nuts, blueberries should be included in a regular diet.
- Foods like cheese, milk, and eggs are rich sources of minerals and vitamins which can help you to recover the inflamed tendons and muscle coverings.
- Low fat protein food like chicken also helps in building new tendon material making the treatment more effective.
- Barley also contains anti-inflammatory properties which can alleviate the painful symptoms of tennis elbow.
- Be fit by exercising regularly
- Avoid pressurising or stretching the affected areas
- Exercise your hands and wrists whenever possible
- Reduce caffeinated products and alcohol intake
- Stay strong and keep yourself flexible
- Do yoga and keep stretching your muscles
- Avoid processed or fried food
Focused On Providing The Best Possible Treatment To Our Patients
We Have Created Our Care Practice Specially To Fit Your Needs
From trouble sleeping to work stress to anxiety to depression, we all have difficulty managing our emotions at times. It’s part of being human. And addressing these issues is a vital part of what we do as a primary care practice, because your emotional well-being is essential to your overall health and wellness.
We’ve redesigned the doctor’s office experience to fit your life, put you at ease, and treat you as a whole person. We create safe and inviting spaces,
ask meaningful questions, give you time to talk, and listen without judgment. Then we work with you on a plan to help you feel your best — whether you want to sleep better, feel calmer, worry less, or get a better handle on your mood.
To continue shedding a light on mental health issues, we teamed up with the award-winning musicians from Bear and a Banjo to create a song showing people they’re not alone. See how the project came to life in the video above — and if you’re struggling, we can help.
- Nerve conduction tests
- Blood Tests
- Imaging tests
- CT scan
- Comprehensive Joint Care in Elbow, Shoulder, Knee, Hip, Ankles
- Complex Trauma Care
- Prosthetic devices are recommended with utmost care
- Deformity Correction
- Rehabilitation of weakened muscles including stroke, etc
- Total Comprehensive Nerve Care
- Joint Replacements
- Failed back surgeries
- Minimally invasive surgical procedures
- Full-fledged ICU
- Imaging Studies
- Sports Injuries Clinics
- Advanced Arthroscopy System
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- Intra-operative image guidance system
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- State-of-the-art Operation Theatre
- Arthroscopy – Knee, Hip, Elbow, Shoulder, Wrist, and Ankle (Keyhole Surgery).
- Computer Assisted Rehabilitation, Physiotherapy, & Laser Therapy
- 24 hours Emergency Service including Trauma Care and CT Scan Service.
- Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery including Limb Length Differences, Limping, Fractures, Bone or Joint Infections and Tumours, Epiphyseal Injuries.