Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery Overview
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery is shortly termed as MISS or MIS surgery. It is done to stabilize the spinal joints and vertebral bones to relieve pressure caused to the spinal nerves.
- This is often caused when conditions like, bone spurs, spinal instability, herniated discs, scoliosis or spinal tumours occur in humans.
- Compared to the open spine surgery, minimally invasive surgical approaches is much faster, safer and consumes less time for recovery because the trauma is reduced to the muscles and soft tissues than open surgeries.
- During the procedure, the surgeon makes a smaller cut or incision and then inserts a device called a tubular retractor which is a stiff, tube-shaped tool to create a tunnel to the damaged area of the spine and gently pushes the muscle and soft tissue aside around the area.
- The surgeon puts small tools through the tunnel to work on the spine by using a special operating microscope and viewing the real-time X-ray images of spine.
- The benefits of the minimally invasive surgery include blood loss gets limited from surgery, risks like muscle damage, infection and pain are reduced and less rehabilitation is required.
among U.S. adolescents aged 13-18 had any mental disorder
among U.S. workers report they feel "quite a bit or extremely stressed at work"
Signs and symptoms
- Weight loss
- Excessive bleeding, or blood clots
- Difficulty in losing balance
- Difficulty in breathing
- Loss of sensation to feel heat or cold
- Loss of sensation in your fingers, hands, toe or feet
- Digestive problems like constipation
- Intense pain or extreme pressure in the neck, head, hip or back.
- Old age
- Genetic factors
- Poor physical fitness
- arduous physical exercise or work
- A sedentary lifestyle
- Arthritis or cancer
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Maintain a proper diet by consuming low fat foods like oatmeal, whole wheat bread, fruits, vegetables, and legumes.
- Also, intake food that are rich in calcium. proteins, vitamins (A.C.D and B- Complex) and minerals.
- Avoid lifting heavy objects that strain your muscles
- Drink plenty of water
- Exercise regularly
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Change your sleeping postures often
- Tune your spine by holistic approach like yoga, acupuncture etc.
Focused On Providing The Best Possible Treatment To Our Patients
We Have Created Our Care Practice Specially To Fit Your Needs
From trouble sleeping to work stress to anxiety to depression, we all have difficulty managing our emotions at times. It’s part of being human. And addressing these issues is a vital part of what we do as a primary care practice, because your emotional well-being is essential to your overall health and wellness.
We’ve redesigned the doctor’s office experience to fit your life, put you at ease, and treat you as a whole person. We create safe and inviting spaces,
ask meaningful questions, give you time to talk, and listen without judgment. Then we work with you on a plan to help you feel your best — whether you want to sleep better, feel calmer, worry less, or get a better handle on your mood.
To continue shedding a light on mental health issues, we teamed up with the award-winning musicians from Bear and a Banjo to create a song showing people they’re not alone. See how the project came to life in the video above — and if you’re struggling, we can help.
- Degree of curve
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans
- Minimally invasive tubular retractor (MITR)
- Spinal Motion Preservation Surgeries
- Joint Replacements
- Complex Trauma Care
- Deformity Correction
- Failed back surgeries
- Rehabilitation of weakened muscles like stroke, etc
- Total Comprehensive Spine Care
- Full-fledged ICU
- Day-care Surgery
- Imaging Studies
- Sports Injuries Clinics
- Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
- Intra-operative image guidance system
- Orthopaedic Oncology
- Advanced Spine Instrumentation for performing Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery.
- Advanced Operation Theatre with Laminar Air Flow
- Computer Assisted Rehabilitation & Laser Therapy, Rehabilitation, and Physiotherapy with CPM.
- 24 Hours CT Scan Services and Emergency Service Trauma Care.
- Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery like the Fractures, Bone or Joint Infections and Tumours, Epiphyseal Injuries, Hip Diseases like Perthes and Slipped Femoral Epiphysis.
- A highly qualified medical team consisting of expert surgeons and well-trained nurses for rapid access to treatment.