Obstetrics and gynaecology Overview
- Obstetrics and gynaecology are medical specialties that focusses on the female reproductive system in two different aspects.
- Obstetrics mostly deals with pregnant women, their unborn baby, also labour, delivery and immediate period following childbirth.
- The obstetrician is well trained to treat the complications of childbirth to ensure both the mother and the baby are guided safely through all the phases of pregnancy and childbirth.
- Gynaecology deals with non-pregnant women with ailments concerning the reproductive organs that include the uterus, fallopian tubes, cervix, ovaries and vagina.
- Mostly gynaecologists are also obstetricians in the field of gynaecology because they focus on all other aspects of a woman’s reproductive health starting from the onset of puberty, menopause and treating related problems in the bowel, bladder and urinary system, etc.
among U.S. adolescents aged 13-18 had any mental disorder
among U.S. workers report they feel "quite a bit or extremely stressed at work"
Signs and symptoms
- Loss of appetite
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Bleeding after menopause
- Pain or pressure in pelvis
- Lumps in the genital area
- Frequent and burning sensation during urination
- Itching, swelling, burning, redness, or soreness in the vaginal area
- Increased vaginal discharge with an unusual odour or unusual colour
- Sexual history
- Physical activity
- Depression or anxiety
- Emotional or psychological stress
- Heart and blood vessel disease
- Damage in liver or any related diseases
- Neurological or Gynaecological conditions
- Certain medications
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Kick start your breakfast with protein foods rather than opting carbs in your diet with a scrambled egg, salmon, etc.
- Have fruits and vegetables as salads or choose wholegrain toasts topped with baked beans.
- Include low sugary foods and almonds, walnuts, and dried fruits etc.
- Intake foods that are rich in iron content like beans, peas, lentils, etc.
- Eat fatty fish like salmon, mushrooms, egg yolks, beef liver, and vitamin D-fortified milk to help your body metabolize calcium.
- Eating Leafy green vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, celery which are good sources of magnesium.
- Maintain a balanced diet
- Quit smoking
- Avoid drinking alcohol
- Reduce stress
- Limit beverages like caffeine
- Be physically active
- Make time for leisure and relaxation
Focused On Providing The Best Possible Treatment To Our Patients
We Have Created Our Care Practice Specially To Fit Your Needs
From trouble sleeping to work stress to anxiety to depression, we all have difficulty managing our emotions at times. It’s part of being human. And addressing these issues is a vital part of what we do as a primary care practice, because your emotional well-being is essential to your overall health and wellness.
We’ve redesigned the doctor’s office experience to fit your life, put you at ease, and treat you as a whole person. We create safe and inviting spaces,
ask meaningful questions, give you time to talk, and listen without judgment. Then we work with you on a plan to help you feel your best — whether you want to sleep better, feel calmer, worry less, or get a better handle on your mood.
To continue shedding a light on mental health issues, we teamed up with the award-winning musicians from Bear and a Banjo to create a song showing people they’re not alone. See how the project came to life in the video above — and if you’re struggling, we can help.
- Blood Tests
- Physical exam
- Pelvic exam
- Pap Test
- Genetic testing
- Ovarian reserve testing
- Sexual and medical history.
- Imaging tests
- Other imaging tests
- Targeted therapies
- Hormonal replacement therapy
- Tubal surgeries
- Reconstruction surgery
- Laparoscopic or hysteroscopic surgery
- Cutting edge operation theatres equipped to perform all the major and minor gynaecological surgeries.
- Full-fledged surgical intensive care unit to handle emergencies as well as post-operative patients
- Specialized day care unit for short duration surgical procedures and chemotherapies.
- Diagnostic radiology services including CT scan, Mammogram, Ultrasound and guided procedures.
- Gynaecologists specialized to provide best quality treatment for patients with breast cancer.
- Comprehensive quality care by a team of experienced gynaecologists, IVF specialists, obstetricians, counsellors to provide the best possible healthcare to women.
- Using advanced surgical methods for treating of female infertility by adopting minimal access methods to treat PCOD, vaginal cyst, endometriosis, uterine fibroids etc.
- High equipped Radiology department with latest diagnostic equipment for performing high resolution ante-natal scans.