MILB and Metabolic Surgery
- Metabolic surgery is done for diseases like high lipids or cholesterol by treating with surgeries like intestinal bypass, gastric bypass and bilio-pancreatic diversion.
- It is used to deal with treatments like weight loss and metabolic diseases like type 2 diabetes.
- Duodenojejunal bypass surgery can be performed for thin type 2 diabetics when BMI is below 30 or when there is overweight/obese diabetics.
- Ileal interposition is performed when a segment of the small intestine’s last part, (ileum) is interposed between jejunum, the two parts of small intestine which is just beyond stomach. Here the small intestine is not bypassed or removed.
- Diabetes is the major problem here that varies with age, duration of the disease, insulin intake affecting 80% of the normal or obese patients.
among U.S. adolescents aged 13-18 had any mental disorder
among U.S. workers report they feel "quite a bit or extremely stressed at work"
Signs and symptoms
- stomach pain or diarrhoea
- Nausea or vomiting
- loss of appetite
- heavy breathing
- frequent urination
- fatigue or weakness
- excess thirst
- Blurred vision
- fast heartbeat and shortness of breath
- Drug use
- Previous GI surgery
- Other diseases
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Eat fruits and vegetables like bananas, apricots, pears, melons, pineapples, spinach, carrots, green beans, etc.
- Consume protein shakes or protein powder and protein foods like yogurt, chicken, scrambled eggs, white fish, etc.
- Crunchy foods, such as granola, pretzels, seeds, dried fruits and nuts should be avoided to avoid indigestion.
- Reduce intake of saturated fats, like whole milk products and fatty meat, and carbohydrates like potatoes, bread, sugary desserts, pasta, and bread products.
- Avoid binge eating and drinking high-sugar beverages, such as juice and sodas.
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Avoid smoking
- Do physical activities regularly
- Avoid alcohols or beverages
- Maintain portion control and take multivitamin daily
Focused On Providing The Best Possible Treatment To Our Patients
We Have Created Our Care Practice Specially To Fit Your Needs
From trouble sleeping to work stress to anxiety to depression, we all have difficulty managing our emotions at times. It’s part of being human. And addressing these issues is a vital part of what we do as a primary care practice, because your emotional well-being is essential to your overall health and wellness.
We’ve redesigned the doctor’s office experience to fit your life, put you at ease, and treat you as a whole person. We create safe and inviting spaces,
ask meaningful questions, give you time to talk, and listen without judgment. Then we work with you on a plan to help you feel your best — whether you want to sleep better, feel calmer, worry less, or get a better handle on your mood.
To continue shedding a light on mental health issues, we teamed up with the award-winning musicians from Bear and a Banjo to create a song showing people they’re not alone. See how the project came to life in the video above — and if you’re struggling, we can help.
- blood tests
- urine tests
- chest X-ray
- heart electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Drug therapies
- Endoscopic solutions
- Targeted therapies
- Ventilator therapies
- Pharma logical therapies
- Rapid access to treatment
- Day care centre with full-fledged ICU
- 24 hours a day to ensure quality care for each individual patient.
- Full-fledged surgical intensive care unit to handle oncological emergencies as well as post-operative patients.
- Specialized day care unit for short duration surgical procedures.
- Diagnostic services including blood tests, urine tests, x-rays and guided procedures.
- Dedicated tumour board with a team of medical/surgical/radiation oncologists for better patient care.
- Comprehensive quality care by a team of experienced surgeons.
- A highly qualified multi-speciality team available for opinion and management.
- Advanced Computerized Monitoring with critical care nurses, consultants and surgeons.