M.B.B.S: Madras Medical College, Chennai, 1992
DMRT: Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University (TNMGRMU), 2001
Dr. S. Gurumurthy is a Radiation Oncologist at Be Well Hospital and HCG Hospital Chennai. He is a highly qualified medical practitioner, having obtained degrees like MBBS, DMRT, and FCIP from reputed institutions of the country.
Dr. S. Gurumurthy also underwent training and obtained his MRSH from London. He uses ionizing radiation (such as megavoltage X-rays or radionuclides) in the treatment of cancer such as head and neck cancer; breast and gynec cancer; and colorectal cancer. A very dedicated professional he has achieved a number of awards throughout his career like Sir A.LakshmanaMudaliar Award in Oncology, State First in Oncology in 2001, and Gold medal in Oncology to name a few.
Dr. S. Gurumurthy is the first Person in south India, to treat Brain Tumours by Interstitial Brain Implant using High dose rate Brach therapy and is one of the few doctors in India to have done Implant brachytherapy from head to foot. He aims at treating patients with latest treatment using radiation and target chemotherapy.
- Received Sir A. LakshmanaMudaliar Award in Oncology.
- State First in Oncology in 2001.
- Gold Medalist in Oncology
- First Person in South India, to Treat Brain Tumors by Interstitial Brain Implant using High dose rate Brachytherapy.
- One of the few doctors in India to have done Implant Brachytherapy from head to foot.
- Highest Number of Implants done in Tamil Nadu.
- Treating patients with the latest treatment by target treatment by radiation and target chemotherapy.
- One of the first persons in Tamil Nadu to start the latest treatment of Electro Chemotherapy.
Specialty: Radiation Oncology
Experience: 28 Years
Services: Cancer Screening (Preventive), Proton Therapy, Brachytherapy (Internal Radiation Therapy), External Beam Radiation For Prostate Cancer
Specialization: Radiation Oncologist