GI Cancer Surgery Overview
- Gastrointestinal system is one of the vital organ systems that is associated in digestion, absorption and excretion of food to provide energy to our body.
- It is the surgical subspecialty that involves treating the injuries, deformities and diseases of the gastrointestinal system with operative procedures.
- The common gastrointestinal conditions that can be treated with GI surgery include appendicitis, hernias, gallbladder disorders, pancreatitis, and stomach and intestinal disorders.
among U.S. adolescents aged 13-18 had any mental disorder
among U.S. workers report they feel "quite a bit or extremely stressed at work"
Signs and symptoms
- Vomiting blood
- Pain in the chest
- Abdominal pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Abdominal bloating
- Disrupted sleep
- Rectal bleeding
- Lack of appetite
- Weight loss and malnutrition
- Changes in blood sugar levels
- Delayed stomach emptying
- Infection, usually from a virus
- Scleroderma, a connective tissue disease
- Taking certain medications, such as aspirin
- Drinking beverages like tea, coffee, etc
- Drinking alcohol
- Eating heavy meals or late-night dinner
- Abdominal or oesophageal surgery
- Narcotic pain medications that slow the rate of emptying the stomach.
- Multiple sclerosis or Parkinson’s disease
- Hypothyroidism, underactive thyroid
- Unpredictable blood sugar changes
- Hiatal Hernia, the stomach gets bulged and slips through diaphragm.
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Ginger, Raw Honey, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Pineapple, Fennel, Flaxseed, Cabbage helps an upset stomach and calms your digestive system.
- Have food that has low-fats, well cooked vegetables and fruits
- Intake fresh green juices made with kale, cucumber, spinach, spirulina, or collards.
- Drink more water about 1 to 2 litres of water per day for a better digestion.
- Eat small portion of food say half a stomach most frequently.
- Try soups and pureed foods
- Chew food thoroughly
- Limit using the anti-inflammatory drugs
- Go for a walk or do simple exercise after eating
- Avoid cruciferous vegetables, processed carbs, dairy products, fried, or fatty foods.
- Avoid drinking fizzy or carbonated drinks and alcohol
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid sleeping or lying down soon after a meal
- Take a multivitamin daily
Focused On Providing The Best Possible Treatment To Our Patients
We Have Created Our Care Practice Specially To Fit Your Needs
From trouble sleeping to work stress to anxiety to depression, we all have difficulty managing our emotions at times. It’s part of being human. And addressing these issues is a vital part of what we do as a primary care practice, because your emotional well-being is essential to your overall health and wellness.
We’ve redesigned the doctor’s office experience to fit your life, put you at ease, and treat you as a whole person. We create safe and inviting spaces,
ask meaningful questions, give you time to talk, and listen without judgment. Then we work with you on a plan to help you feel your best — whether you want to sleep better, feel calmer, worry less, or get a better handle on your mood.
To continue shedding a light on mental health issues, we teamed up with the award-winning musicians from Bear and a Banjo to create a song showing people they’re not alone. See how the project came to life in the video above — and if you’re struggling, we can help.
- Blood tests
- Stool tests
- Nasogastric lavage
- Upper endoscopy
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Capsule endoscopy
- Imaging tests
- CT scan
- Detecting, and treating motility disorders of oesophagus, intestine and colo-rectum.
- GERD detection for on and off PPI patients
- Detecting malignancies at an early stage
- Detecting and performing non-surgical treatment of structural abnormalities in the intestine.
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries with the Single Incision Lap Surgery (SILS).
- Onco Surgery – Laparoscopic and Open
- Manometric System – High Resolution
- State-of-the-art high-end Video endoscopy HD
- Wireless Capsule Endoscopy
- Double Balloon Enterostomy
- High-end dedicated Laparoscopic Surgical Suite
- 4K Resolution HD
- Bariatric Surgery for Obesity
- Hepato-Biliary Surgeries
- Upper GI endoscopy – Colonoscopy Diagnostics
- Upper GI endoscopy – Therapeutic Variceal Banding, Sclerotherapy.
- Polypectomy Metal Stenting
- ERCP and Metal Stenting
- Enteral and Colonic Stenting
- ERBE Cautery
- Cut (No Bleed)
- ERCP and Polypet Procedure (Laser Method)