Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Overview
- Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery is the most effective and long-lasting treatment for treating severe obesity.
- Obesity is one of the chronic diseases where excess fats build up in the body, and created risks like hypertension, diabetes mellitus, obstructive sleep apnoea, degenerative joint disease, hyperlipidaemia, hyperuricemia, fatty liver, depression, polycystic ovarian disease, asthma, etc.
- Both the Surgery can combine two types of procedures that include the Malabsorptive procedures, and Restrictive procedures.
- Malabsorptive procedures limit the absorption of calories and nutrients by altering the way the food moves through the intestinal track or by diverting food from the stomach to the lower part of the digestive tract where the normal mixing of digestive fluids and absorption of nutrients does not occur.
- Restrictive procedures, decreases the size of the stomach and limits food intake.
among U.S. adolescents aged 13-18 had any mental disorder
among U.S. workers report they feel "quite a bit or extremely stressed at work"
Signs and symptoms
- Shortness of breath
- Skin problems
- Fatty tissue deposits
- Orthopaedic problems
- Abdominal bloating
- Disrupted sleep
- Weight loss and malnutrition
- Feeling full after taking only a few quantities of food
- Lack of sleep
- Smoking or drinking alcohol
- Unhealthy diet
- Gynaecological and sexual problems
- Type 2 diabetes
- Certain cancers
- Digestive problems
- Psychological factors
- Socioeconomic factors
- Certain medications
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Limit the intake of desserts, candies, fats and processed foods because it contains many calories for a small portion.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables which provide a larger portion size with fewer calories and keeps you fit and healthy.
- Limit the intake of salt and added sugar
- Avoid junks and replace your meal with low calorie shakes or protein bars.
- Exercise regularly
- Follow a healthy-eating plan
- Monitor your weight regularly
- Be consistent
- Drink more water about 1 to 2 litres per day for a better digestion.
- Avoid cruciferous vegetables, processed carbs, dairy products, fried, or fatty foods.
- Avoid drinking fizzy or carbonated drinks and alcohol
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid sleeping or lying down soon after a meal
Focused On Providing The Best Possible Treatment To Our Patients
We Have Created Our Care Practice Specially To Fit Your Needs
From trouble sleeping to work stress to anxiety to depression, we all have difficulty managing our emotions at times. It’s part of being human. And addressing these issues is a vital part of what we do as a primary care practice, because your emotional well-being is essential to your overall health and wellness.
We’ve redesigned the doctor’s office experience to fit your life, put you at ease, and treat you as a whole person. We create safe and inviting spaces,
ask meaningful questions, give you time to talk, and listen without judgment. Then we work with you on a plan to help you feel your best — whether you want to sleep better, feel calmer, worry less, or get a better handle on your mood.
To continue shedding a light on mental health issues, we teamed up with the award-winning musicians from Bear and a Banjo to create a song showing people they’re not alone. See how the project came to life in the video above — and if you’re struggling, we can help.
- Physical exam
- Calculating your BMI
- Blood tests
- Checking for health problems
- Cholesterol tests
- Detecting, and treating motility disorders of oesophagus, intestine and colo-rectum.
- GERD detection for on and off PPI patients
- Detecting malignancies at an early stage
- Detecting and performing non-surgical treatment of structural abnormalities in the intestine.
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries with a Single Incision Lap Surgery (SILS).
- Onco Surgery – Laparoscopic and Open
- Manometric System – High Resolution
- State-of-the-art high-end Video endoscopy HD
- Wireless Capsule Endoscopy
- Double Balloon Enterostomy
- High-end dedicated Laparoscopic Surgical Suite
- 4K Resolution HD
- Bariatric Surgery for Obesity
- Hepato-Biliary Surgeries
- Upper GI endoscopy – Colonoscopy Diagnostics
- Upper GI endoscopy – Therapeutic Variceal Banding, Sclerotherapy.
- Polypectomy Metal Stenting
- ERCP and Metal Stenting
- Enteral and Colonic Stenting
- ERBE Cautery
- Cut (No Bleed)
- ERCP and Polypet Procedure (Laser Method)