Upper GI Complaints Overview
- Upper gastrointestinal complaints occur when any of the upper gastrointestinal tracts that include the mouth, esophagus, stomach, duodenum gets affected.
- The causes may be due to peptic ulcers that line the stomach or the upper portion of the small intestine, tears, inflammation, or abnormally enlarged veins in the esophagus.
- Sometimes, the GI complaints give rise to shocks, anemia or even death in worse cases.
- It is most common among elderly people who require immediate medical treatment.
Among U.S. adolescents aged 13-18 had any mental disorder
Among U.S. workers report they feel "quite a bit or extremely stressed at work"
Signs and symptoms
- Rapid pulse
- Vomiting blood
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Problems in the passage of food
- Difficulty in breathing
- Chest pain
- Heart burn
- Abdominal pain
- Any combination of these symptoms
- Family history
- Cigarette smoking
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications
- Certain medical conditions
- Improper Diet
- Environmental causes
- Drinking alcohol
- Cyclic vomiting syndrome (CVS)
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Drink more water and avoid alcohol or beverages
- Eat fresh fruits like apple, banana, guava, etc, and green leafy vegetables like cabbage, carrot, beetroot, etc, which are rich in vitamins, proteins, and nutrients.
- Avoid fatty foods or foods which have added colors
- Avoid fast foods
- Take more protein, vitamin, and nutritious food to maintain a healthy diet.
- Limit the dairy products like chicken, or frozen meats
- Avoid using nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Avoid or limit drinking alcohol
- If you smoke, quit
- Follow your doctor’s instructions if you have GERD and treat it
Focused On Providing The Best Possible Treatment To Our Patients
We Have Created Our Care Practice Specially To Fit Your Needs
From trouble sleeping to work stress to anxiety to depression, we all have difficulty managing our emotions at times. It’s part of being human. And addressing these issues is a vital part of what we do as a primary care practice, because your emotional well-being is essential to your overall health and wellness.
We’ve redesigned the doctor’s office experience to fit your life, put you at ease, and treat you as a whole person. We create safe and inviting spaces,
ask meaningful questions, give you time to talk, and listen without judgment. Then we work with you on a plan to help you feel your best — whether you want to sleep better, feel calmer, worry less, or get a better handle on your mood.
To continue shedding a light on mental health issues, we teamed up with the award-winning musicians from Bear and a Banjo to create a song showing people they’re not alone. See how the project came to life in the video above — and if you’re struggling, we can help.
- Blood tests
- Stool tests
- Nasogastric lavage
- Upper endoscopy
- Capsule endoscopy
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Balloon-assisted enteroscopy
- Imaging tests
- Detecting, and treating with advancements for motility disorders of oesophagus, intestine and colo-rectum.
- GERD detection for PPI patients
- Detecting malignancies at an initial stage
- Detecting non-surgical procedures of structural abnormalities in the intestine.
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries with state-of-the-art Single Incision Lap Surgery (SILS).
- Onco Surgery – Open and Laparoscopic
- Manometric System with High Resolution
- State-of-the-art high-end Video endoscopy HD
- Wireless Capsule Endoscopy
- Double Balloon Enterostomy
- High-end dedicated Laparoscopic Surgical Suite
- 4K Resolution HD
- Bariatric Surgery for Obesity
- Polypectomy Metal Stenting
- Hepato-Biliary Surgeries
- Colonoscopy Diagnostics – Upper GI endoscopy
- Upper GI endoscopy – Sclerotherapy, Therapeutic Variceal Banding.
- ERCP and Metal Stenting
- Enteral and Colonic Stenting
- ERBE Cautery
- Cut (No Bleed)
- ERCP and Polypet Procedure (Laser Method)