Irritable Bowel Syndrome Overview
- Irritable bowel syndrome or IBS is a disorder affecting the large intestine.
- Mostly it occurs due to the disorders in the abdomen like bloating, diarrhea or constipation, etc.
- It is a long-term disorder and is very rare as it affects few people
- Some can control the symptoms by managing the proper diet, lifestyle, and stress.
- Others can be treated with medication and counseling
- It doesn’t cause changes in bowel tissue or increase the risks of colorectal cancer.
Among U.S. adolescents aged 13-18 had any mental disorder
Among U.S. workers report they feel "quite a bit or extremely stressed at work"
Signs and symptoms
- Abdominal pain
- Change in bowel movement
- Increased gas
- Mucus in stool
- Loss of appetite
- Genetic disorders
- Race or ethnicity
- Have a family history of IBS
- Cigarette smoking
- Drinking alcohol
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications
- Depression, anxiety, or other mental related health issues
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Avoid dairy products like milk, yogurt, ice cream, cheese
- Certain fruits like peaches, pears, watermelon, apples, mangoes, plums, nectarines, etc has to be avoided.
- Avoid legumes, wheat-based bread, cereals, pasta, sweeteners, high-fructose corn syrup, cashews, and pistachios.
- Certain vegetables like artichoke, asparagus, broccoli, onions, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, mushrooms have to be avoided.
- Eat high-fiber foods
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Exercise regularly
- Get enough sleep
- Avoid foods that would trigger the signs and symptoms
Focused On Providing The Best Possible Treatment To Our Patients
We Have Created Our Care Practice Specially To Fit Your Needs
From trouble sleeping to work stress to anxiety to depression, we all have difficulty managing our emotions at times. It’s part of being human. And addressing these issues is a vital part of what we do as a primary care practice, because your emotional well-being is essential to your overall health and wellness.
We’ve redesigned the doctor’s office experience to fit your life, put you at ease, and treat you as a whole person. We create safe and inviting spaces,
ask meaningful questions, give you time to talk, and listen without judgment. Then we work with you on a plan to help you feel your best — whether you want to sleep better, feel calmer, worry less, or get a better handle on your mood.
To continue shedding a light on mental health issues, we teamed up with the award-winning musicians from Bear and a Banjo to create a song showing people they’re not alone. See how the project came to life in the video above — and if you’re struggling, we can help.
- Upper endoscopy
- Lactose intolerance tests
- Breath test for bacterial overgrowth
- Stool tests
- Computerized tomography (CT) scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Detecting, and offering advanced treatments for motility disorders of esophagus, intestine, and colo-rectum.
- GERD detection for PPI patients
- Detecting malignancies at the beginning, or initial stage
- Treating and detecting non-surgical procedures of structural abnormalities in the intestine.
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries with state-of-the-art technology in performing Single Incision Lap Surgery (SILS).
- Onco Surgery – Open and Laparoscopic
- Manometric System with High Resolution
- State-of-the-art high-end Video endoscopy HD
- Wireless Capsule Endoscopy
- Double Balloon Enterostomy
- High-end dedicated Laparoscopic Surgical Suite
- 4K Resolution HD
- Bariatric Surgery for Obesity
- Polypectomy Metal Stenting
- Hepato-Biliary Surgeries
- Upper GI endoscopy – Colonoscopy Diagnostics
- Upper GI endoscopy – Sclerotherapy, Therapeutic Variceal Banding.
- ERCP and Metal Stenting
- Enteral and Colonic Stenting
- ERBE Cautery
- Cut (No Bleed)
- ERCP and Polypet Procedure (Laser Method)