Bezoars & Foreign Bodies
- Bezoars are partially digested or undigested materials built in the digestive tract causing blockage.
- It is most commonly found in the stomach, and fails to pass through the intestines.
- The indigestible mass can be intentionally or accidentally ingested.
- Small bezoars may pass through the digestive tract on their own or on minor medications whereas, certain cases like large trichobezoars often require surgery.
- Foreign bodies mostly occur among the patients who are affected with Pica which is a behavioural disorder which can cause a compulsion to eat non-food items that have no nutritional value and also includes object swallowing disorders.
- Pica is usually a temporary disorder that’s most common in children and pregnant women, and sometimes it can become dangerous if the person eats toxic substances, like metal, or detergents.
among U.S. adolescents aged 13-18 had any mental disorder
among U.S. workers report they feel "quite a bit or extremely stressed at work"
Signs and symptoms
- lack of appetite
- nausea or vomiting
- abdominal pain
- weight loss
- Stomach upset or distress
- feeling full after consuming less amount of food
- Gastric ulcers
- Cramps or Bloating
- Blood in the stool
- Mild or severe fever
- Nasal drainage
- Discomfort or pain
- Breathing problems
- consumption of high calorie foods
- addition of thickening agents
- Disability or emotional disturbance
- kidney disease
- pyloric stenosis during or after birth.
- psychiatric illness
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Avoid certain foods such as celery, prunes, pumpkin, persimmons, and sunflower seed shells.
- Have more liquids and low-residue foods, such as applesauce instead of the whole apples.
- Drink more water and fluids like soups, juices, low- fat broths, and sports drinks.
- Avoid high-fat foods, which can slow digestion, and high-fibre foods, which are harder to digest.
- Chewing food thoroughly before swallowing
- Make sure to eat fruits and vegetables with high nutrients
- Don’t keep any objects that is reachable or easy to swallow, especially for kids
- Avoid sharp objects holding the mouth, nostrils or stomach
- Avoid chewing or eating hair or fuzzy materials
- Reducing the intake of foods with high amount of indigestible cellulose
Focused On Providing The Best Possible Treatment To Our Patients
We Have Created Our Care Practice Specially To Fit Your Needs
From trouble sleeping to work stress to anxiety to depression, we all have difficulty managing our emotions at times. It’s part of being human. And addressing these issues is a vital part of what we do as a primary care practice, because your emotional well-being is essential to your overall health and wellness.
We’ve redesigned the doctor’s office experience to fit your life, put you at ease, and treat you as a whole person. We create safe and inviting spaces,
ask meaningful questions, give you time to talk, and listen without judgment. Then we work with you on a plan to help you feel your best — whether you want to sleep better, feel calmer, worry less, or get a better handle on your mood.
To continue shedding a light on mental health issues, we teamed up with the award-winning musicians from Bear and a Banjo to create a song showing people they’re not alone. See how the project came to life in the video above — and if you’re struggling, we can help.
- CT scan
- Imaging studies
- suction machine
- abdominal ultrasound
- Detecting, and providing advanced treatments for motility disorders of oesophagus, intestine and colo-rectum
- GERD detection for PPI patients
- Detecting malignancies at an initial stage
- Detecting and treating non-surgical procedures of structural abnormalities in the intestine
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeries with cutting-edge Single Incision Lap Surgery (SILS)
- Onco Surgery – Open and Laparoscopic
- Manometric System with High Resolution
- State-of-the-art high-end Video endoscopy HD
- Wireless Capsule Endoscopy
- Double Balloon Enterostomy
- High-end dedicated Laparoscopic Surgical Suite
- 4K Resolution HD
- Bariatric Surgery for Obesity
- Polypectomy Metal Stenting
- Hepato-Biliary Surgeries
- Upper GI endoscopy – Colonoscopy Diagnostics
- Upper GI endoscopy – Sclerotherapy, Therapeutic Variceal Banding.
- ERCP and Metal Stenting
- Enteral and Colonic Stenting
- ERBE Cautery
- Cut (No Bleed)
- ERCP and Polypet Procedure (Laser Method)