THYROID CANCER Overview
- The butterfly-shaped gland located at the base of your neck, just below your Adam’s apple is the Thyroid gland. Thyroid cancer occurs in the cells of thyroid which help in producing hormones to regulate your heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature and weight.
- Thyroid cancer does not show any symptoms initially. But gradually, it grows and causes pain or swelling in your neck.
- Thyroid is a small gland shaped as butterfly found at the base of your neck just below your Adam’s apple.
- It is a disease in which cancer cells (mutations) form in the tissues of the thyroid gland and develops when cells change or mutate.
- It’s most commonly found in people aged 30 and above. Thyroid cancer occurs more often in women compared to men.
- There are several types thyroid cancers like the Papillary thyroid cancer, Follicular thyroid cancer, Medullary thyroid cancer, Ana-plastic thyroid cancer and some other rare types.
- In most cases, thyroid cancer can be cured with proper treatment.
among U.S. adolescents aged 13-18 had any mental disorder
among U.S. workers report they feel "quite a bit or extremely stressed at work"
Signs and symptoms
- A lump (nodule) that could be felt through the skin on your neck
- Changes to your voice or hoarseness
- Difficulty swallowing
- Pain in your face, neck and throat
- Swollen lymph nodes in your neck
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Cough unrelated to cold
- Female sex
- Exposure to high levels of radiation
- Certain inherited genetic syndromes
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Eat plenty of fruits, nuts and vegetables daily
- Intake dried figs on a daily basis.
- Consume whole grains and include dried beans (legumes, e.g., chickpeas, edamame, lentils, black beans) for protein.
- Limit added sugars, processed meats, and alcohol.
- Avoid smoking
- Be physically active fit
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle
- Exercise your neck regularly
- See your doctor regularly
- Keep stock of potassium iodide
- Detect the presence of faulty gene
- Add selenium in your diet
Focused On Providing The Best Possible Treatment To Our Patients
We Have Created Our Care Practice Specially To Fit Your Needs
From trouble sleeping to work stress to anxiety to depression, we all have difficulty managing our emotions at times. It’s part of being human. And addressing these issues is a vital part of what we do as a primary care practice, because your emotional well-being is essential to your overall health and wellness.
We’ve redesigned the doctor’s office experience to fit your life, put you at ease, and treat you as a whole person. We create safe and inviting spaces,
ask meaningful questions, give you time to talk, and listen without judgment. Then we work with you on a plan to help you feel your best — whether you want to sleep better, feel calmer, worry less, or get a better handle on your mood.
To continue shedding a light on mental health issues, we teamed up with the award-winning musicians from Bear and a Banjo to create a song showing people they’re not alone. See how the project came to life in the video above — and if you’re struggling, we can help.
- CT scan
- Physical exam
- Blood tests
- Ultrasound imaging
- Removing a sample of thyroid tissue
- Other imaging tests
- Genetic testing
- Radiation therapies
- Targeted therapies
- Well-equipped operation theatres with advanced treatments to perform all the major and minor oncologic surgeries.
- Customized surgical intensive care unit to handle oncological emergencies and also treat post-operative patients.
- Administration of Chemotherapy by trained staffs and nurses.
- Specialized day care units for short surgical procedures and chemotherapies.
- Diagnostic radiology services comprising CT scan, Imaging tests, Mammogram, Ultrasound and guided procedures.