- Lymphoma is a cancer that begins in cells which are the parts of the body’s lymphatic or immune system, the body’s germ-fighting network which protect us from disease or infection.
- The lymphatic system includes the lymph nodes or lymph glands, spleen, bone marrow and thymus gland.
- It mostly affects the lymphocytes which are important part of our immune system.
- This cancer can also affect other organs in the entire body.
Occurs for people with a median age of 54 years
It is the 11th most common cancer in terms of incidence
It is fatal with a rate of 5 years of survival which is less than 35%
Signs and symptoms
- Chronic fatigue
- Loss of appetite
- Persistent cough
- Persistent itchiness
- Easy bruising or bleeding
- Nausea and vomiting
- Fever and chills
- Shortness of breath
- Chest, abdomen, or bone pain
- Frequent or recurrent infections
- Drenching in sweat especially during nights
- Itchiness in skin which can be severe(pruritus)
- Painless swelling in the lymph nodes on your neck, armpits or groin for weeks
- Pain in the lymph nodes triggered by consuming alcohol
- Family history
- Autoimmune diseases
- Infectious mononucleosis
- Breast implants
- Overweight and obesity
- HIV infection
- Virus exposure
- Having an impaired immune system
- Developing certain infections
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Have 5- 10 fruits and vegetables per day which can include one bowl of melons, berries and leafy greens
- Intake cruciferous vegetables like brussels sprouts, kale, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, watercress and radishes
- keep yourself hydrated by drink more water
- Eat small meals or snacks frequently, say for four to six times a day
- Replace eating solid foods or water by drinking milk, juices, broth, ginger ale, soups or shakes which have high calories
- Use healthy fats like avocado, olive oil and nut butters to add more calories
- Grind or blend cooked food or vegetables to lessen chewing Include eggs, cheese, nuts or high protein smoothies in your diet
- exercise daily and engage in physical activity
- avoid environmental exposures
- maintain proper diet and nutrition
VS Hospitals is the Best cancer hospital in Chennai, offering the advanced and affordable cancer treatment with leading Oncologists Surgeons and world-class infrastructure. With 50 Years of Legacy in Healthcare, VS Hospitals, Best cancer hospital in Chennai, has treated the highest number of cancer patients (in PVT. hospital). Super-Speciality – Tertiary Care – Center for Advanced Surgeries – International Medical Tourism @Kilpauk, Chennai.
- Laboratory tests
- Blood tests
- Lung function tests
- Imaging tests
- Lumbar puncture
- Heart evaluation
- Bone marrow aspiration and biopsy
- Medical history and physical examination
- Computed tomography (CT or CAT) scan
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Removing a lymph node for testing
- Active surveillance
- Radiation therapies
- Targeted therapies
- Bone marrow transplant
- Cutting edge operation theatres equipped to perform all the major and minor oncologic surgeries.
- Full-fledged surgical intensive care unit to handle oncological emergencies as well as post-operative patients.
- Specialized day care unit for short duration surgical procedures and chemotherapies.
- Diagnostic radiology services including CT scan, Mammogram, Ultrasound and guided procedures.