Have you ever wished there was one place you could go for all your health concerns? VS Group of Hospitals offers both family medicine and internal medicine specialists. Research shows that people who have an ongoing relationship with a primary care physician, such as a Family Physician, have better overall health outcomes and lower total costs of care. We would be honoured to be you and your family’s Healthcare provider.
Family physicians are dedicated to treating you as a whole person. Unlike other physicians who specialize in treating one particular organ or disease, Family Physicians are uniquely trained to care for you as a whole person, regardless of your age or sex. The cornerstone of family medicine is an ongoing, personal relationship between you and your doctor. We will work together to achieve the best possible health outcomes in the most cost-effective manner.
In addition to diagnosing and treating acute and chronic illnesses, your family physician provides routine health screenings and will counsel you on lifestyle changes to prevent illnesses before they develop. And, if a health condition arises that requires care from another specialist, your VS Hospitals Family Physician will be there to guide you and to coordinate all aspects of your care. S(he) will guide you skillfully through the health care maze should you require the care of several specialists.
VS Family physicians will treat patients of all ages from infancy to elderly in several major medical areas including:
- Chronic conditions, such as diabetes and asthma
- Acute problems like respiratory infections, chest pain, abdominal pain and headache
- Preventive care including chronic disease screening and immunizations and advice about how to stay healthy through proper diet, exercise
- Ear, nose and throat care
- Minor surgical procedures
- Bone and joint care
- Skin conditions
- Well-woman care, reproductive counselling, family planning
- Mental and behavioural health issues such as anxiety, depression, substance abuse and insomnia
- Many other common ailments and conditions