Care. Cure. Compassion
In today’s medical field, cancer patients can avail more benefits before the treatment begins. The state-of-the-art technology in the advancement of medical science can cure or reduce the chances of risk for cancer patients.
Foods for cancer prevention ensure good nutrition during cancer treatment to boost the overall wellbeing of an individual and maximize the benefits of treatment.
– Intake of vegetables like tomatoes, peas, carrots, pumpkin, parsley has a rich content of vitamins and fibre. It is highly recommended for patients with prostate cancer. – Cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, contain plant chemicals to convert bad oestrogen into good oestrogen.
– Intake of fruits like oranges provide the cancer patients with Vitamin C content and other vitamins and fibres can be obtained from bananas, peaches, kiwi, mangoes, blueberries, strawberries and pears.
– Having rice, noodles, pasta, chapati, oats, whole grain bread, wholegrain crackers, corn, beans, potatoes and dairy products should also be included in a cancer patient’s diet plan as carbohydrates are highly essential. – Consuming honey in moderation will help prevent infections because it has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties as it is among the energized foods for cancer prevention.
– Foods for cancer patients should include protein foods by consuming lean meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy products, nuts, dhals, chickpeas, dhals. – Fish and soy foods also contain enough protein, vitamin B and omega 3 fatty acids which is especially good for prostate cancer patients.
– Avoid deep fried, barbecued, grilled, and baked meats along with red meat and processed meats like ham, sausages and bacon. – Excessive intake of salt, sugar and oily foods has to be avoided.
- Prof. Dr. S. Subramanian (Founder)
#13, East Spurtank Road, Chetpet, Chennai
+91 044 4600 8000, +91 99622 42000