Lung Cancer Overview
VS Hospitals offer the best lung cancer treatment in Chennai. With advanced cancer therapies, most lung cancers are diagnosed at an early stage and gets treated. Our cancer care experts offer comprehensive and compassionate care to people with lung cancer
- Lung cancer is one of the most common cancers that begins in the lungs and is most common in both men and women. Your lungs are spongy organs which help you in inhaling oxygen and exhaling carbon dioxide.
- Lung cancer is a cancerous tumour in the tissue of one or both of the lungs which affects the respiratory system that includes the nose, mouth, windpipe and airways (bronchi, large airways and bronchioles, smaller airways) to each lung.
- The cancer that starts in the lungs is the Primary lung cancer and Secondary or metastatic lung cancer starts somewhere in the body and slowly start spreading to affect the lungs
- People who smoke often have a high risk of lung cancer. It can also affect anyone have never smoked. Lung cancer is the most dominant cause of cancer deaths worldwide.
- If you are affected with lung cancer do not worry about the location, size and how far it has spread because it is always treatable with more advanced medical treatments.
- In recent times the lung cancer survival rate also has been increased significantly due to early detection.
In India, lung cancer ranked 4th among the various types of cancer
Around 10 Indians will develop lung cancer during their lifetime
9.3% are constituted with lung cancer related deaths
Signs and symptoms
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain and Regular or persistent chest infections like fluid in the chest (pleural effusion)
- Bone pain
- Persistent coughing
- Coughing up blood, phlegm or mucus
- Loss of appetite
- Unintentional weight loss
- Feeling very tired
- Tobacco and smoking
- Previous radiation therapy
- Exposure to radon gas
- Exposure to second-hand smoke
- Exposure to asbestos and other carcinogens which can cause irritation to your lungs
- Exposure to other substances like radiation, nickel, arsenic, and chromium
Hear Our Story
Diet and Nutrition
- Eat more apples and berries because it contains a large number of antioxidants called flavonoids which help to destroy cancer.
- Consume more cruciferous vegetables that are leafy and dark green in colour.
- Carrots can also be eaten because they are an excellent source of beta carotene.
- Stop smoking
- Avoid second-hand smoke
- Avoid carcinogens at work
- Test your home for radon
- Exercise most days of the week
- Have more fruits and vegetables
Your fight is our fight! Providing the best specialist lung health assessment for lung cancer treatment to our patients
We Have Created Our Care Practice Specially To Fit Your Needs
From trouble sleeping to work stress to anxiety to depression, we all have difficulty managing our emotions at times. It’s part of being human. And addressing these issues is a vital part of what we do as a primary care practice, because your emotional well-being is essential to your overall health and wellness.
We’ve redesigned the doctor’s office experience to fit your life, put you at ease, and treat you as a whole person. We create safe and inviting spaces,
ask meaningful questions, give you time to talk, and listen without judgment. Then we work with you on a plan to help you feel your best — whether you want to sleep better, feel calmer, worry less, or get a better handle on your mood.
To continue shedding a light on mental health issues, we teamed up with the award-winning musicians from Bear and a Banjo to create a song showing people they’re not alone. See how the project came to life in the video above — and if you’re struggling, we can help.
- Needle aspiration/core biopsy
- CT scan
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scan
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan
- Bone scan
- Radiation therapies
- Targeted therapies
- Cutting edge operation theatres equipped to perform all the major and minor oncologic surgeries.
- Full-fledged surgical intensive care unit to handle oncological emergencies as well as post-operative patients
- Administration of Chemotherapy by trained nurses
- Specialized day care unit for short duration surgical procedures and chemotherapies.
- Diagnostic radiology services including CT scan, Mammogram, Ultrasound and guided procedures.
- Dedicated tumour board with a team of medical/surgical/radiation oncologists for better patient care.
- Comprehensive quality care by a team of experienced surgeons.
- A highly qualified multi-speciality team available for opinion and management.
We provide the best Lung Cancer Treatment in Chennai
According to a recent medical survey, an approximation of 45000 men and 17000 women are prone to be diagnosed with the Lung Cancer every year. The major cause of the Lung Cancer is smoking. It is said that it occurs due to the urinary infections but, still the exact cause of the Lung Cancer is unknown.
We provide you with advanced treatments to overcome this by make sure that you get the best Lung Cancer treatment in Chennai. It is advisable to quit smoking and keep yourself hydrated. Connect with us as we are an excelled with our medical experts and trained staff to provide you the best Lung Cancer treatment in Chennai.